Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "The Emerald Forest": On DVD?

"The Emerald Forest": On DVD?

(PeteCresswell)

From what I've read so far, it sounds like it came out on
LaserDisk, but I can't find it on DVD.

Is Google the final word on this?
--
PeteCresswell

kaboom

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 19:53:44 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>From what I've read so far, it sounds like it came out on
>LaserDisk, but I can't find it on DVD.
>
>Is Google the final word on this?

**The Emerald Forest with Powers Boothe and Meg Foster? If that's the
one you're looking for, Amazon has it in stock for $12.49.

kaboomie

Richard C.

"kaboom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 19:53:44 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>From what I've read so far, it sounds like it came out on
>>LaserDisk, but I can't find it on DVD.
>>
>>Is Google the final word on this?

> **The Emerald Forest with Powers Boothe and Meg Foster? If that's the
> one you're looking for, Amazon has it in stock for $12.49.
>
> kaboomie

===========================
Great Movie!

(PeteCresswell)

Per Richard C.:
>Great Movie!

I'm watching it right now.

Saw it 15-20 years ago on video tape.

Sounds crazy, but I'm wondering if there might be two versions of
it.

Crazier yet bc it's such an off-the-wall story... but I don't
recall all the designer body paint.... and a number of other
details.

OTOH, it's been a long time...
--
PeteCresswell

elrous0@pop.uky.edu

On Dec 6, 10:31 pm, "Richard C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > **The Emerald Forest with Powers Boothe and Meg Foster? If that's the
> > one you're looking for, Amazon has it in stock for $12.49.

> > kaboomie

> Great Movie!

Every director gets about ten years of true greatness, more or less
(with a few exceptions like Kubrick and Sayles). This was, IMHO, the
last of Boorman's true great films. "The Tailor of Panama" was a good
film, but he's never really recaptured the greatness of his true
heyday (from the early 70's through the early/mid 80's).

-Eric