Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > MSI and X300

MSI and X300

Linux

In the MSI docs it says "MSI Reminds You... This mainboard (k9vgm-v)
doesn't support any ATI X300 series-based graphic card" - no big deal,
the X300 is a low end card but I have one & want to use it, wonder
what "doesn't support" means, no software support (can't flash the
motherboard BIOS with X300 present or might it mean there are circuit
incompatibles & could fry something if try to use the X300) Any
ideas ?
signed a new MSI k9vgm-v user

Pen

Linux wrote:
> In the MSI docs it says "MSI Reminds You... This mainboard (k9vgm-v)
> doesn't support any ATI X300 series-based graphic card" - no big deal,
> the X300 is a low end card but I have one & want to use it, wonder
> what "doesn't support" means, no software support (can't flash the
> motherboard BIOS with X300 present or might it mean there are circuit
> incompatibles & could fry something if try to use the X300) Any
> ideas ?
> signed a new MSI k9vgm-v user

Some versions of the X300 have limited on board memory and will use mobo
memory to fill out the total. That is most likely what MSI is talking about.

Linux

On Dec 6, 12:27 pm, Pen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Linux wrote:
> > In the MSI docs it says "MSI Reminds You... This mainboard (k9vgm-v)
> > doesn't support any ATI X300 series-based graphic card" - no big deal,
> > the X300 is a low end card but I have one & want to use it, wonder
> > what "doesn't support" means, no software support (can't flash the
> > motherboard BIOS with X300 present or might it mean there are circuit
> > incompatibles & could fry something if try to use the X300) Any
> > ideas ?
> > signed a new MSI k9vgm-v user

> Some versions of the X300 have limited on board memory and will use mobo
> memory to fill out the total. That is most likely what MSI is talking about.

Tnx for the explanation !