Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Another DNS AD-Integrated Q

Another DNS AD-Integrated Q

FrisbeeŽ

news:uO3e8u%(E-Mail Removed)...
> FrisbeeŽ <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:
>>
>> "Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OFkPRp%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Bill McPherson <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

>>> I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree here.

>> NOT ME ITS WHAM BAM THANK YOU MAAM I GOT MINE NOW YOU GET YOURS!

> You don't like to enjoy things for a while? Why are you in such a rush?

I AM FAST AND EFFICIENT NO WASTE NO MESS! HIGH RETURN ON INVESTMENT! LOW
MAINTENANCE! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

JaR

the plaintive wail of FrisbeeŽ:

> I AM FAST AND EFFICIENT NO WASTE NO MESS! HIGH RETURN ON INVESTMENT!
> LOW MAINTENANCE! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

$12,000,000,000(TWELVE MILLION US DOLLARS) For your kind ASSISTANCE in this
MATTER!

--
Ojibwe Olumbe(Mrs.)
MCNGP 10110

Briscobar

FrisbeeŽ <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> NO WASTE NO MESS!

Looks like you don't like to have fun, then.

--
KB

MCNGP #26
My psychiatrist recommends 10mg of Valium, a shot of Tequila, and
twice-daily viewings of the b00bz0rs forum on www.mcngp.com

John Smith

i'm having fun

news:eJJyoP$(E-Mail Removed)...
> FrisbeeŽ <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:
>>
>> NO WASTE NO MESS!

> Looks like you don't like to have fun, then.
>
> --
> KB
>
> MCNGP #26
> My psychiatrist recommends 10mg of Valium, a shot of Tequila, and
> twice-daily viewings of the b00bz0rs forum on www.mcngp.com

FrisbeeŽ

"John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uZdjnY$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i'm having fun

Well then clean up that mess!

Wayne

"John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> heres one to make u a little more annoyed lol... if replication happens
> "automagically" then whats the point of sites and services??

John, jump onto Microsoft's website and do some searches for Active
Directory and Sites and Services, there are any number of whitepapers and
excellent technical articles available.
In a nutshell though, as Neil said, replication is automatic *within* a site
(and unless you've created other than the Default_First_Site, your DC's are
on the same subnet, therefore in the same site) every 15 seconds. To control
replication, you create Sites, create Subnets and then allocate Subnets to
Sites. Once this is done, you can then control when replication occurs; once
every 15 minutes, every hour, every day, etc. Go forth and read, mate, then
pop back with questions

Wayne McGlinn
MCNGP Silver
MCP Windows NT 3.51 and Windows 95

John Smith

i get to caught up and get confused sometimes when i read those white
papers. my method is to do it first, ask the experts here, then do some
reading to finish it off.

"Wayne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23$DEQs$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23b$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> heres one to make u a little more annoyed lol... if replication happens
>> "automagically" then whats the point of sites and services??
>>

> John, jump onto Microsoft's website and do some searches for Active
> Directory and Sites and Services, there are any number of whitepapers and
> excellent technical articles available.
> In a nutshell though, as Neil said, replication is automatic *within* a
> site (and unless you've created other than the Default_First_Site, your
> DC's are on the same subnet, therefore in the same site) every 15 seconds.
> To control replication, you create Sites, create Subnets and then allocate
> Subnets to Sites. Once this is done, you can then control when replication
> occurs; once every 15 minutes, every hour, every day, etc. Go forth and
> read, mate, then pop back with questions
>
> Wayne McGlinn
> MCNGP Silver
> MCP Windows NT 3.51 and Windows 95

Neil

did you hear "John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> ask the experts here

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*shakes head*

sorry, that was just toooooo funny....experts...

(seriously, dig out the details on inter-site vs intra-site as Wayne
mentioned and pull out replmon to view a fiew things. read up on the
replication protocols and as mentioned set up subnets and site in Sites
and Services. You should setup actual subnets for this. If you don't have
a router, you could multi-home a computer.)

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- That's not line noise... my modem's speaking in tongues!

Jtyc

> you could multi-home a computer.)

feh...

How am I supposed to get my computer into more than one home at a time?

You really need to think before you speak.

FrisbeeŽ

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> you could multi-home a computer.)

> feh...
>
> How am I supposed to get my computer into more than one home at a time?
>
> You really need to think before you speak.

Let's don't be silly.

Obviously he means adding an additional "Home" key to your keyboard.