Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Pix 501 VPN and PPPoe

Pix 501 VPN and PPPoe

Roman

The outside interface is connected to dsl modem and PPPoe connection
has been configured on Pix 501. Can this pix firewall be configured
to accept vpn connections? If yes, is there limitations?

Tilman Schmidt

Roman schrieb:
> The outside interface is connected to dsl modem and PPPoe connection
> has been configured on Pix 501. Can this pix firewall be configured
> to accept vpn connections?

Yes.

> If yes, is there limitations?

The same as with regular IPoE.

--
Please excuse my bad English/German/French/Greek/Cantonese/Klingon/...

RG

Does this include pptp as when I try vpdn enable outside, pix says outside
interface is already used by pppoe?

news:fjb642$27t$(E-Mail Removed)-ndh.com...

RG schrieb:
> Does this include pptp as when I try vpdn enable outside, pix says outside
> interface is already used by pppoe?

Sorry, I can't help you there, I don't use pptp.

--
Please excuse my bad English/German/French/Greek/Cantonese/Klingon/...

googlegroups@ruetsche.com

On Dec 6, 5:27 pm, Roman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> The outside interface is connected to dsl modem and PPPoe connection
> has been configured on Pix 501. Can this pix firewall be configured
> to accept vpn connections? If yes, is there limitations?

PIX OS versions 6.2 and 6.3 do not support Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol
(L2TP) and Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) with PPPoE.

cu ivo

Cisco 3640 128D/16F PPPOE problem (cannot create pppoe protocol) lga775 Hardware 1 02-18-2010 10:16 AM
PIX 501 and ISA 20004 - Pix for DSL PPPOE only and no NAT... Terry Cole Cisco 0 01-18-2007 02:27 PM
Cisco pppoe client can connect multiple pppoe sessions John Nordien Cisco 0 11-22-2004 09:11 PM
pix 501 pppoe problem hdu Cisco 9 05-16-2004 02:24 PM
VPN between PIX 515 and 501 using PPPoE Lars Kraack Cisco 0 03-05-2004 09:01 AM

Advertisments