Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > New Ideas for the 21st Century Marriage

New Ideas for the 21st Century Marriage

philo

A wedding license with a tear-off lower section
that you can return when it's time to get a divorce.

Saves a lot of trouble.

Maybe even have the divorce pre-paid as an infaltion hedge>

olfart

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>A wedding license with a tear-off lower section
> that you can return when it's time to get a divorce.
>
> Saves a lot of trouble.
>
> Maybe even have the divorce pre-paid as an infaltion hedge>

sorta like a "get out of jail free" card??
How about 30 Learners Permit ?

philo

"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> >A wedding license with a tear-off lower section
> > that you can return when it's time to get a divorce.
> >
> > Saves a lot of trouble.
> >
> > Maybe even have the divorce pre-paid as an infaltion hedge>
> >

> sorta like a "get out of jail free" card??
> How about 30 Learners Permit ?

A buddy of mine who was in Viet-Nam "way back when" said they did have
"trial" weddings.
He had been married on a trial-basis and supposedly would have led to a real
marriage.
She was killed by a land mine so it never got to that point

Evan Platt

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:33:36 -0600, "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A buddy of mine who was in Viet-Nam "way back when" said they did have
>"trial" weddings.
>He had been married on a trial-basis and supposedly would have led to a real
>marriage.
>She was killed by a land mine so it never got to that point

Brutal...

"Honey, I have a present for you.. Here. Put on this blindfold. Now
walk straight... A little more to the left... a little more.. ok, now
keep walking straight... a few more feet...

wisdomkiller & pain

philo wrote:

> A wedding license with a tear-off lower section
> that you can return when it's time to get a divorce.
>
> Saves a lot of trouble.
>
> Maybe even have the divorce pre-paid as an infaltion hedge>

You may be able to set up a marriage contract like that, but it doesn't
release you from the duties against 3rd parties (children, banks,
government, taxes ....) you accepted during marriage.
After all, you are still doomed.