Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > slip-stream SP1 for Vista

slip-stream SP1 for Vista

Kue2

Is there a "how to slip-stream SP1 for Vista 64"?(url)

Theo

Based on previous information, I don't think you can
slipstream any version of Vista. The installation file is
an image that is written to the hard drive and then
"customized" for you particular system.

I think Charlie Russel commented the only way you could
"slipstream" Vista SP1 was to do a complete installation,
apply SP1, and then make an image of that.

Check the 'Vista Lite' information at:
http://www.vlite.net/about.html

Kue2 wrote:
> Is there a "how to slip-stream SP1 for Vista 64"?(url)

Charlie Russel - MVP

Well, there are ways to do it, but they're non-trivial and require
additional products, I believe. But there should be slipstream distributions
available once SP1 actually ships.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Based on previous information, I don't think you can slipstream any
> version of Vista. The installation file is an image that is written to
> the hard drive and then "customized" for you particular system.
>
> I think Charlie Russel commented the only way you could "slipstream" Vista
> SP1 was to do a complete installation, apply SP1, and then make an image
> of that.
>
> Check the 'Vista Lite' information at: http://www.vlite.net/about.html
>
> Kue2 wrote:
>> Is there a "how to slip-stream SP1 for Vista 64"?(url)

Kue2

Hi Theo
Have you used this program? Does it work as stated on web page?
Looks interesting........

"Theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Based on previous information, I don't think you can slipstream any
> version of Vista. The installation file is an image that is written to
> the hard drive and then "customized" for you particular system.
>
> I think Charlie Russel commented the only way you could "slipstream" Vista
> SP1 was to do a complete installation, apply SP1, and then make an image
> of that.
>
> Check the 'Vista Lite' information at: http://www.vlite.net/about.html
>
> Kue2 wrote:
>> Is there a "how to slip-stream SP1 for Vista 64"?(url)

Kue2

Hi Charlie
By this statement "slipstream distributions available once SP1 actually
ships" Do you mean Vista 64 with service pak 1 would be made available(for a
small fee) to registered users?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, there are ways to do it, but they're non-trivial and require
> additional products, I believe. But there should be slipstream
> distributions available once SP1 actually ships.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Based on previous information, I don't think you can slipstream any
>> version of Vista. The installation file is an image that is written to
>> the hard drive and then "customized" for you particular system.
>>
>> I think Charlie Russel commented the only way you could "slipstream"
>> Vista SP1 was to do a complete installation, apply SP1, and then make an
>> image of that.
>>
>> Check the 'Vista Lite' information at: http://www.vlite.net/about.html
>>
>> Kue2 wrote:
>>> Is there a "how to slip-stream SP1 for Vista 64"?(url)

CM745

Vista SP1 RC1 now available on Connect and on Technet tomorrow according to
RWite of Vista Team blog
--
Quiet Beta Tester

"Kue2" wrote:

> Is there a "how to slip-stream SP1 for Vista 64"?(url)

Charlie Russel - MVP

You should be able to get media, yes. And newer shipments will include the
updated media. Also, for those with access, MSDN and TechNet media will
undoubtedly be updated to the SP1 slipstream versions.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Charlie
> By this statement "slipstream distributions available once SP1 actually
> ships" Do you mean Vista 64 with service pak 1 would be made available(for
> a small fee) to registered users?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well, there are ways to do it, but they're non-trivial and require
>> additional products, I believe. But there should be slipstream
>> distributions available once SP1 actually ships.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> "Theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Based on previous information, I don't think you can slipstream any
>>> version of Vista. The installation file is an image that is written to
>>> the hard drive and then "customized" for you particular system.
>>>
>>> I think Charlie Russel commented the only way you could "slipstream"
>>> Vista SP1 was to do a complete installation, apply SP1, and then make an
>>> image of that.
>>>
>>> Check the 'Vista Lite' information at: http://www.vlite.net/about.html

Clayton

If Microsoft can ship media with SP-1 integrated, I'm sure we can slipstream
it into our original non SP-1 copy..... just thinking out loud here

"CM745" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Vista SP1 RC1 now available on Connect and on Technet tomorrow according
> RWite of Vista Team blog
> --
> Quiet Beta Tester
>

> "Kue2" wrote:
>
>> Is there a "how to slip-stream SP1 for Vista 64"?(url)

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Remember it's shipped as an image so Microsoft is not slip-streamning it,
it's either built that way or the Service Pack is installed, then the image
is repackaged.
There isn't a slip process
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|> From: "Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)>
|> Subject: Re: slip-stream SP1 for Vista
|> Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 15:51:47 +1300
|> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
|>
|> If Microsoft can ship media with SP-1 integrated, I'm sure we can
slipstream
|> it into our original non SP-1 copy..... just thinking out loud here
|>

|> "CM745" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
|> > Vista SP1 RC1 now available on Connect and on Technet tomorrow
according
|> > RWite of Vista Team blog
|> > --
|> > Quiet Beta Tester

Theo

No, I have not used it. I am not a Vista user either. I
may consider Vista someday, but only after it really is
ready for public release.