Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Dynamics CRM 3.0

Dynamics CRM 3.0

Gorm Braarvig

Greetings

I would very much like to be certified on CRM 3.0
Does anyone know the answer to any of my questions

- When the certification(s) will be released?
- Will there be a tiltle connected to this (or will it be an ISV competency,
only)?
- What exams (if any) are likely to be common to MCSE, MCSA or MCDBA?
- What kind of role(s) it will be aimed at (Implementation, project
managment, administration or use)?
- To what extend it will utilize BI?
- If there are any office (or something) exams that are common (scorecarding
for instance)?

I'm targeting the SMB market

Gorm Braarvig

Bigus Dickus

Sorry Thor, I think most of us here are more interested in becoming LRM
Certified.

--
Bigus Dickus

The Rev [MCT]

The New CRM Classes from MS are 8521 8522 8523 8524 and 8255. As for the
track to certification vs. Partner Competency it's kind of both. There are
exams for the Dynamics (MBS) including a Master Cert. But most of the press
of late is for partner competency..

Good luck on the road to 3.0!

--
..rev.mct.mcngp.44

accepting it.
~Aristotle
..
"Gorm Braarvig" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings
>
> I would very much like to be certified on CRM 3.0
> Does anyone know the answer to any of my questions
>
> - When the certification(s) will be released?
> - Will there be a tiltle connected to this (or will it be an ISV
> competency, only)?
> - What exams (if any) are likely to be common to MCSE, MCSA or MCDBA?
> - What kind of role(s) it will be aimed at (Implementation, project
> managment, administration or use)?
> - To what extend it will utilize BI?
> - If there are any office (or something) exams that are common
> (scorecarding for instance)?
>
> I'm targeting the SMB market
>
> Gorm Braarvig

Neil

did you hear "Gorm Braarvig" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> Greetings
>
> I would very much like to be certified on CRM 3.0
> Does anyone know the answer to any of my questions
>
> - When the certification(s) will be released?
> - Will there be a tiltle connected to this (or will it be an ISV
> competency, only)?
> - What exams (if any) are likely to be common to MCSE, MCSA or MCDBA?
> - What kind of role(s) it will be aimed at (Implementation, project
> managment, administration or use)?
> - To what extend it will utilize BI?
> - If there are any office (or something) exams that are common
> (scorecarding for instance)?
>
> I'm targeting the SMB market
>
> Gorm Braarvig

to my knowledge the MBS certifications will be through the partner
program but CRM 1.2 is the current rev.

http://members.microsoft.com/partner...portunities/tr
ainingcertification.aspx

has some details (though it is an asia site)

I don't think any of the MBS exams will be made part of the MCSE/MCSD (or
now the MCITP) curriculum. As for BI soluotions, that is a completely
differnt area and there will be exams/certs for this
(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...p/default.asp). With SQL 2005
SSRS/SSIS/SSAS becoming more mature solutions, they will likely roll out
exams to match. MS has announced they will have an Analysis services exam
this year. Hopefully they will continue to pursue this.

Scorecarding is something that is not quite ready for primetime (IMHO)
through MS products. 3rd party stuff from Dundas (www.dundas.com) will
help to fill the void and MS does provide a subset of those tools, but
there is much better capabilities in the single focus BI players. I doubt
very much that MS would create an exam until they have integrated a more
robust solution into thier own company (this is also known as "they buy
Dundas" <g>)

If you are really serious about the BI end, you may want to consider
looking onto certification from Business Objects or Cognos or SAS or the
like. Not sure what they have in certification though.

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- A Nobel Peace Prize? I'd kill for one of those.

Gorm Braarvig

Thanks for both you replies! Great!

> If you are really serious about the BI end, you may want to consider
> looking onto certification from Business Objects or Cognos or SAS or the
> like. Not sure what they have in certification though.

I'll wait for MS to buy and integrate them. Less complicated.

Goal

My goal is to become the best BI architect in Norway within ten years.
Within seven years I must show excellent leadership abilities.
Before five years is past I will need to master the technologies (today they
are scorecarding, olap and eai)
Before four years I want to be a NLP practioner, or have another scientific
angle on leadership.
Before three years: MSCE WS 2007
Within two years I want to have all the new Microsoft "Professional"
certifications (3 db, 3 dev, I think).
Within one year I should master presentation skills and have a few TS-certs.
First step is "Train the trainer"-course in Q1, 2006 and any beta-exam I can
have my hand on.
Beta exams are to see how far away I am from db.* and dev.* exams (I have
given me two years on this).
At present, I have:
- followed the ASCEND-courses on SQL and VS, on SQL I went to two of the
courses, all the rest is self-study.
- Taken the corresponding brainbench-tests
- Got back TS-WEB, scored 500, quite a way to go, I think? I'm satisfied, I
did no prep.
- I have ran SQL 2005 in production with focus on SSIS for a long time
already.
- I have just started a few blogs, among them a wannabe-blog on beyeblogs.

Missing from the plan:
- I think CRM will merge into my plan on some point, it should be included.
- There is nothing about office here, even though the primary BI client will
be Excel. Something is missing.
- Biztalk. I know nothing about biztalk.
- WF (earlier WWF), don't know this, also: it seems not mature.

This plan will change, of course.
Gorm Braarvig.

Gorm Braarvig

Hello, there!

"The Rev [MCT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23Af65$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The New CRM Classes from MS are 8521 8522 8523 8524 and 8255. As for the
> track to certification vs. Partner Competency it's kind of both. There are
> exams for the Dynamics (MBS) including a Master Cert. But most of the
> press of late is for partner competency..

I don't know how to attack this. I think I need some more connections, the
thing is: there are good Norwegain competitors in this market (both "live"
and regular), and they don't look like they are being bought anytime soon.
I plan to implement small business in Q2 or Q3. The installation will
require a lot of customization (in this company I mention Gorms/AJAX/ATLAS
in one of three sentences), so after this I might feel qualified to start
the certification process (and maybe the partner competency)

Thanks, BTW: as a trainer, do you mean anything about NLP?

Gorm

Gorm Braarvig

> Sorry Thor, I think most of us here are more interested in becoming LRM
> Certified.

"Some play hard to get, I play hard to want"

Bigus Dickus

> "Some play hard to get, I play hard to want"

Just as long as we all play nicely.

--
Bigus Dickus
A man's only as old as the woman he feels.

Neil

did you hear "Gorm Braarvig" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> the primary BI client will
> be Excel. Something is missing.

um, ok, maybe Excel as a Primary BI client is the missing link, IMHO. my 2¢

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- Can't I have just a little bit of peril?

Gorm Braarvig

> http://members.microsoft.com/partner...portunities/tr
> ainingcertification.aspx

Thanks, great link.
Seems to me only two people are needed for this competency.

> I don't think any of the MBS exams will be made part of the MCSE/MCSD (or
> now the MCITP) curriculum. As for BI soluotions, that is a completely
> differnt area and there will be exams/certs for this

I am betting on (possibly "live") CRM+BI+Office in SMB's as an exploding
market.
Clients are paper+phone+PC, scorecard+drilldown+alerts

> (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...p/default.asp). With SQL 2005
> SSRS/SSIS/SSAS becoming more mature solutions, they will likely roll out
> exams to match. MS has announced they will have an Analysis services exam
> this year. Hopefully they will continue to pursue this.

Anything about SSIS-exam? (I still hate MDX, I hope I'll understand it
eventually)

> Scorecarding is something that is not quite ready for primetime (IMHO)

I totally agree, but it is mentioned in Office 2007, and betasite has began
to move, so something is happening.

> through MS products. 3rd party stuff from Dundas (www.dundas.com) will

Great, thanks, dundas is nice.

Gorm

MS Dynamics CRM Consultant Ron Althoff Java 0 05-18-2012 06:00 PM
Dynamics AX 3.0 MB6-206 Lahdee MCSE 0 05-07-2006 09:11 AM
Dynamics HUT MIP testbed using RedHat9 help pcyung83@gmail.com Cisco 0 03-13-2006 02:42 AM
Physics - Anyone used Open Dynamics Engine For Java? Floyd Pepper Java 0 09-14-2003 10:54 PM

Advertisments