Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > C editor and debugger - Linux

C editor and debugger - Linux

j.smith2c@googlemail.com

Hi all,

I am using Linux system. I am using gcc. Which editor
and debugger you recommend for C programming?

Thanks.

smith

vippstar@gmail.com

On Dec 5, 4:00 pm, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using Linux system. I am using gcc. Which editor
> and debugger you recommend for C programming?

This is not an appropriate newsgroup to ask for system specific
utilities.
The C standards do not mention a compiler or a debugger.
On linux, usually you use gcc and gdb.

santosh

> Hi all,
>
> I am using Linux system. I am using gcc. Which editor
> and debugger you recommend for C programming?
>
> Thanks.

This is not really on topic for this group. Why don't ask in a group
like <news:comp.unix.programming> or
<news:comp.os.linux.development.apps> or something related. There are
also many web forums for Linux development.

<OT>
I use vim for source editing and gdb for debugging. Literally hundreds
of editors are available but only a few have really good support for
editing programs and vim is, IMAO, top of the heap.

As for debugging, you'll have a hard time replacing gdb under Linux.
</OT>

Richard

> Hi all,
>
> I am using Linux system. I am using gcc. Which editor
> and debugger you recommend for C programming?
>
> Thanks.
>
> smith

http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/cgi-bin/inf...ical+Interface

Richard Tobin

In article <fj6b5n$vo3$(E-Mail Removed)>,
santosh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I use vim for source editing and gdb for debugging. Literally hundreds
>of editors are available but only a few have really good support for
>editing programs and vim is, IMAO, top of the heap.

Except for emacs, of course.

-- Richard
--
:wq