Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Network Connection is now Connected

Wireless Network Connection is now Connected

ktriebol

I have Windows XP SP2 and am running a Wi-Fi network. Once the computer has
been operating with the wireless network running for 12 hours, a message pops
up saying "wireless network connection is now connected". I then close the
box and continue without any problems. It is just that this message is kind
of a nuisance. Is there something I can do to prevent this message box from
coming up after 12 hours of operation?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hp
Take a look at the IP leasing in you Router's DHCP server. If the leasing is
set to 12 hours it would renewed it at this time which might result in fast
disconnect and connect.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"ktriebol" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Windows XP SP2 and am running a Wi-Fi network. Once the computer has
> been operating with the wireless network running for 12 hours, a message
> pops
> up saying "wireless network connection is now connected". I then close the
> box and continue without any problems. It is just that this message is
> kind
> of a nuisance. Is there something I can do to prevent this message box
> from
> coming up after 12 hours of operation?

ktriebol

Jack, I believe your suggestion worked for me. IP leasing was set for 0
minutes, which is the default for one day (which presumably is 12 hours). I
then set it to the maximum allowable, which was 9999 minutes. Anyway, it has
been running now for nearly 15 hourrs and the message I described previously
did not pop up. Thanks a lot!