Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > No IP Address

No IP Address

Rob

I have set up a wireless router set up which can be used by anyone who wants
to with their laptops whilst in my bar. Thus far 5 separate machines have
connected with no problem to the internet. However one machine connects to
the router with no problem (Signal strength excellent etc) but cannot get an
IP address and cannot connect to the internet. Interestingly I took this
machine home and it connects to my wireless network at home with no problem,
also connects fine at several other AP's locally.

How is t possible that:

1/ Every other machine connects fine in my bar and 1 machine does not but:

2/ The rouge machine connects fine elsewhere

Confused!

Any help would be much appreciated

Barb Bowman

probably a Vista machine but without more details, nearly impossible
to assist. what router do you have? brand/model AND hardware
revision and firmware revision? do you have the latest firmware?

the computer may need a different driver or anyone of a number of
fixes. But the most likely one is
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233/en-us

--

Barb Bowman