Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Vista desktop full?

Vista desktop full?

queequeg0323@hotmail.com

Hi, I hope some one out there can help me. I had a customer today that
is running Windows Vista Home Premium. He has nothing on his desktop,
but the folder size is 1.1 Gb. I tried showing hidden folders, but it
still dosen't show any thing. He can't put anything on it, becasue it
says it's full. any suggestions?

meerkat

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I hope some one out there can help me. I had a customer today that
> is running Windows Vista Home Premium. He has nothing on his desktop,
> but the folder size is 1.1 Gb. I tried showing hidden folders, but it
> still dosen't show any thing. He can't put anything on it, becasue it
> says it's full. any suggestions?

..
Search for the Desktop folder and see if it contains 1.1Gb.
You might be able to delete/rename it, and create a new one.
But it could be something more serious, like Malware.

PeeCee

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I hope some one out there can help me. I had a customer today that
> is running Windows Vista Home Premium. He has nothing on his desktop,
> but the folder size is 1.1 Gb. I tried showing hidden folders, but it
> still dosen't show any thing. He can't put anything on it, becasue it
> says it's full. any suggestions?

Right click on the desktop, L click 'view', tick 'show desktop icons'

Paul.

Plato

> Hi, I hope some one out there can help me. I had a customer today that
> is running Windows Vista Home Premium. He has nothing on his desktop,

Tell your customer NOT to use any new MS OP until Version 2 is out.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/