Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Infrarecorder 0.44.1 released yesterday

Infrarecorder 0.44.1 released yesterday

R. C. White

Hi, Steve.

I don't do much DVD burning (except for Vista beta builds <g> ), but I made
my first movie disk yesterday. I used Media Center to record a performance
from over-the-air TV, using my Hauppauge ATSC tuner card, then used Windows
Movie Maker to delete the commercials and trim the beginning and ending.
When that was finished, I told it Publish a DVD; it switched me to Windows
DVD Maker. Later, I used LightScribe software to label the completed DVD.
I have two DVD burners, a Pioneer and an LG; I used the LG (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM
GSA-H10L ATA Device) because it is LightScribe capable.

In spite of my decidedly amateur status, the project turned out well and I
can play my new DVD on the family TV, using the $37 DVD player that I got at
Wal*Mart last year. ;<)

All the software (except LightScribe) that I used is included in Vista
Ultimate, and I am using the x64 version.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Steve Winograd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 18:08:00 -0800, Carlos
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Infrarecorder is a lightweight freeware cd/dvd burning software.
>>A newer version was released yesterday.
>>http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/
>>x64 specific version download link:
>>http://downloads.sourceforge.net/inf...4.zip?download
>>(just 3 megs)
>>
>>Carlos
>>P.S.: Yes, I am back. A little dizzy but fortunately the doctors didn't
>>find
>>any clogging in my heart system piping and no stent was necessary. I am
>>back
>>to square one with the root cause of my Angina Pectoris but my good heart
>>didn't have anything to do with that (stress maybe?). Will take a few days
>>off here in Buenos Aires and breath some air in the open.

> Thanks for the tip, Carlos. I've installed InfraRecorder on Vista
> x64, and it works fine, provided that I run it as Administrator. If I
> don't run it as Administrator, it can't access my DVD burner. Do you
> see the same behavior?
>
> That's good news on the medical tests!
> --
> Best Wishes,

Steve Winograd

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 20:28:19 -0600, "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>>>Infrarecorder is a lightweight freeware cd/dvd burning software.
>>>A newer version was released yesterday.
>>>http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/
>>>x64 specific version download link:
>>>http://downloads.sourceforge.net/inf...4.zip?download
>>>(just 3 megs) [snip]

>>Thanks for the tip, Carlos. I've installed InfraRecorder on Vista
>>x64, and it works fine, provided that I run it as Administrator. If I
>>don't run it as Administrator, it can't access my DVD burner. Do you
>>see the same behavior? [snip]

>Hi, Steve.
>
>I don't do much DVD burning (except for Vista beta builds <g> ), but I made
>my first movie disk yesterday. I used Media Center to record a performance
>from over-the-air TV, using my Hauppauge ATSC tuner card, then used Windows
>Movie Maker to delete the commercials and trim the beginning and ending.
>When that was finished, I told it Publish a DVD; it switched me to Windows
>DVD Maker. Later, I used LightScribe software to label the completed DVD.
>I have two DVD burners, a Pioneer and an LG; I used the LG (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM
>GSA-H10L ATA Device) because it is LightScribe capable.
>
>In spite of my decidedly amateur status, the project turned out well and I
>can play my new DVD on the family TV, using the $37 DVD player that I got at
>Wal*Mart last year. ;<)
>
>All the software (except LightScribe) that I used is included in Vista
>Ultimate, and I am using the x64 version.
>
>RC

Hi, RC. I have a Hauppauge tuner card, too, and I've burned DVDs of
recorded TV from Media Center. I hadn't thought about using Movie
Maker for editing. Thanks for the tip!
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com