Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Opening a link problem

Opening a link problem

mmapdk@gmail.com

I just got g mail and I was on a website that said to open the link to
fill out a file and a message came up that said something about my
mail program was blocking this.
Does anyone have an idea of what they are talking about & what I can
do to resolve this?
Thanks a million.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

> I just got g mail

You just acquired it? Or it is your only email service?

> and I was on a website that said to open the link to fill out a file
> and a message came up that said something about my mail program was
> blocking this. Does anyone have an idea of what they are talking
> about & what I can do to resolve this?

As I interpret your question, you were at a site where you encountered a
link that said something like: "Email us at <(E-Mail Removed)>"
When you clicked it, you got some sort of error.

If all you have is Google gmail, you can't use "mailto" links, as they
depend upon a real email client being set up on your computer.
Thunderbird, Outhouse Express, and so forth.

Why don't you set up Thunderbird
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/
and configure it to access your gmail account?
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=13273

> Thanks a million.

My services aren't that expensive...

--