Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Distutils help for sub-packages

Reply
Thread Tools

Distutils help for sub-packages

 
 
Rick Muller
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2007
I need some distutils help. I currently run a python library
(PyQuante) that, until recently, had all of its modules in a single
directory, called "PyQuante". The setup command in my setup.py module
had a single "packages" line:

packages = ['PyQuante'],

I moved some of the routines into Basis and IO subdirectories of
PyQuante, and amended the packages line to be:

packages = ['PyQuante','PyQuante.Basis','PyQuante.IO'],

Everything works find if I'm installing from SVN. However, when I
build a tarball via setup.py sdist, the Basis and IO subdirectories
are not included. How can I get the distutils to include this?

Thanks in advance,

Rick
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
kyosohma@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-05-2007
On Dec 3, 9:44 am, Rick Muller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I need some distutils help. I currently run a python library
> (PyQuante) that, until recently, had all of its modules in a single
> directory, called "PyQuante". The setup command in my setup.py module
> had a single "packages" line:
>
> packages = ['PyQuante'],
>
> I moved some of the routines into Basis and IO subdirectories of
> PyQuante, and amended the packages line to be:
>
> packages = ['PyQuante','PyQuante.Basis','PyQuante.IO'],
>
> Everything works find if I'm installing from SVN. However, when I
> build a tarball via setup.py sdist, the Basis and IO subdirectories
> are not included. How can I get the distutils to include this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rick


I recommend asking the distutils guys at their list:

http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/distutils-sig

Mike
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rick Muller
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-06-2007
On Dec 5, 7:20 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>
> I recommend asking the distutils guys at their list:
>
> http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/distutils-sig
>
> Mike


I did, and no one replied there either. Probably because everyone,
there and here, were too polite to say that I was nutso. Which, it
turns out, I was. After not hearing from two normally helpful forums
(fora?) I went back a little more carefully and found the bug. Sorry
for the false alarm.
 
Reply With Quote
 
kyosohma@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-06-2007
On Dec 6, 2:37 pm, Rick Muller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 7:20 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>
>
> > I recommend asking the distutils guys at their list:

>
> >http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/distutils-sig

>
> > Mike

>
> I did, and no one replied there either. Probably because everyone,
> there and here, were too polite to say that I was nutso. Which, it
> turns out, I was. After not hearing from two normally helpful forums
> (fora?) I went back a little more carefully and found the bug. Sorry
> for the false alarm.


Sorry to hear that...they are both pretty helpful in most cases.
C.l.py doesn't usually mind telling OP's that they're nutso either. I
personally didn't think you were, but I didn't know how to answer your
question either.

Mike
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
distutils, No module named numpy.distutils.fcompiler.conv_template Luis Alberto Zarrabeitia Gomez Python 0 03-30-2009 03:56 PM
can distutils windows installer invoke another distutils windows installer timw.google Python 1 05-11-2006 10:07 PM
Distutils help needed! John Roth Python 1 05-08-2004 11:00 AM
help: distutils with .pyc only DoubleM Python 0 11-04-2003 03:16 AM
Distutils help needed (suggestions anyway) Chris Gonnerman Python 0 07-17-2003 03:43 AM



Advertisments