Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > l2tpv3 bridging question

l2tpv3 bridging question

drorem@gmail.com

3-dec

Hello,

I have an appilcation where I want to bring back (via bridging) 3
distinct private class C 10/100 LANs to a central location. The 3 LANs
are at remote sites and I'd like to bring them back to a central site
over the internet. I'd like devices on either side of the bridge to
have the same network and netmask - essentially making them view each
other as peers on the same network. It appears as though the IOS
pseudowire class using L2TPv3 encapsulation would do this but I'm not
seeing much data on using that, or examples. The EoIP (ethernet over
IP) feature in the MikroTik routers seems to do this as well, and has
more documentation - but I'd like to confirm how to do this using
Cisco routers. Also - if folks have recommendations on what router &
interface cards would be a good fit for this application I'd
appreciate it (it would be nice to have the router at the central site
be expandible to handle bridging 8 remote LANs in the future). Thanks
in advance.

Doug Rorem