Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Editing photo -removing an object from middle of photo

Editing photo -removing an object from middle of photo

gdtobin@exemail.com.au

We have a lovely photo of a family group...unfortunately near the
middle is an unsightly drum which I would like to remove from the
photo. Is there any way that I can take out this object and move the
people in the photo together? I have Arcsoft Photo Studio and
Irfranview but I am unsure if these will do the job.

Many thanks

Bill

Ghostrider

> We have a lovely photo of a family group...unfortunately near the
> middle is an unsightly drum which I would like to remove from the
> photo. Is there any way that I can take out this object and move the
> people in the photo together? I have Arcsoft Photo Studio and
> Irfranview but I am unsure if these will do the job.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Bill

Read the instructions and the Help files. There may be a way to copy and
paste-fill (with feathering) a less objectional background. JASC Paint
Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop and other photo editing applications have this
capability. It might require working with individual pixels but such
editing is possible.

Plato

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> We have a lovely photo of a family group...unfortunately near the
> middle is an unsightly drum which I would like to remove from the
> photo. Is there any way that I can take out this object and move the
> people in the photo together? I have Arcsoft Photo Studio and
> Irfranview but I am unsure if these will do the job.

My son uses Photoshop for editing just about anything:

Example of what you can do:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MOOhm392S10

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

thanatoid

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)
oups.com:

> We have a lovely photo of a family group...unfortunately
> near the middle is an unsightly drum which I would like to
> remove from the photo. Is there any way that I can take
> out this object and move the people in the photo together?
> I have Arcsoft Photo Studio and Irfranview but I am unsure
> if these will do the job.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Bill

Unless you have a fair bit of experience it will look like crap.
Depends on how demanding you are.

No offense, but given the way most people in the world look, the
drum may be the best looking thing in the pic.

If after reading the above sentence you are disposed to do so,
post the pic in a small binaries group, I'll take out the drum
and repost it for you.

p.cbuilder98

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:635e2be0-bcba-4554-a0e7-
(E-Mail Removed):

> We have a lovely photo of a family group...unfortunately near the
> middle is an unsightly drum which I would like to remove from the
> photo. Is there any way that I can take out this object and move the
> people in the photo together? I have Arcsoft Photo Studio and
> Irfranview but I am unsure if these will do the job.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Bill

If your time is valuable then I recommend you visit your local camera store
and ask them to do it for you.

--
pcbuilder98

PeeCee

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have a lovely photo of a family group...unfortunately near the
> middle is an unsightly drum which I would like to remove from the
> photo. Is there any way that I can take out this object and move the
> people in the photo together? I have Arcsoft Photo Studio and
> Irfranview but I am unsure if these will do the job.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Bill

Bill

What you want to do is easy with the right software and artistic skills.
The program you use will have some influence on how easy it will be but the
greatest influence will be how well you learn to use it.

Irfanview while excellent as a picture viewer does not have any real photo
editing tools.
Photo Studio from what I can remember has a very basic editing toolset that
will do at a pinch.
Perhaps of more importance than the software is the techniques used.
This page http://www.picturecorrect.com/photos...move_items.htm gives
instruction on removing objects from photo's.
You will note the instructions are for 'Photoshop' which is rather expensive
for a one off edit.

Some alternatives to Photoshop are listed on this page :
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pix...eephotoedw.htm
They are all free so if necessary try them all.
The one not listed that may tickle your interest is 'Gimp Shop' which is the
Gimp with a Photoshop look and feel to it.
http://www.photo-freeware.net/downlo...eng.php?id=420
That way you can get a free program with power and an interface that lets
you use the plethora of Photoshop instructions and guides available on the
net.

Best
Paul.

joevan

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 21:18:17 -0800 (PST), (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>We have a lovely photo of a family group...unfortunately near the
>middle is an unsightly drum which I would like to remove from the
>photo. Is there any way that I can take out this object and move the
>people in the photo together? I have Arcsoft Photo Studio and
>Irfranview but I am unsure if these will do the job.
>
>Many thanks
>
>Bill

I use an old PSP version 4.0 to do things like that.
Old program but works good.
I also have photo shop CS but use it only occasionally.