Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-292 simulation questions question

70-292 simulation questions question

scale

I have yet to take this exam......ya ya i know im a slacker

I have a question about the simulation questions. Are they graded based on
final answer or are they graded on a click by click basis.

What i mean is .....if i am asked to create a user am left to do so at the
desktop in the simulation if i open up a wrong area (aka printers and faxes
or somthing) do i fail that question at that point or will i get it right no
matter what i do and where i go as long as i created the user account it
asked for as the end result?

Id hate to go clicking everywhere searching for the proper checkbox etc for
a particular task and get it wrong because i had to hunt around a bit it find
the proper area rather than go click for click properly for each question
asked.

Hopefully this question makes sense.

Matt Wheeler

"scale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have yet to take this exam......ya ya i know im a slacker
>
> I have a question about the simulation questions. Are they graded
> based on
> final answer or are they graded on a click by click basis.
>
> What i mean is .....if i am asked to create a user am left to do so
> at the
> desktop in the simulation if i open up a wrong area (aka printers
> and faxes
> or somthing) do i fail that question at that point or will i get it
> right no
> matter what i do and where i go as long as i created the user
> account it
> asked for as the end result?

I would expect its more based on the final result. but if not, you do
have the option to "reset" the simulation so that when you've worked
out what steps you need, you can start it "clean" and do it correctly.

> Id hate to go clicking everywhere searching for the proper checkbox
> etc for
> a particular task and get it wrong because i had to hunt around a
> bit it find
> the proper area rather than go click for click properly for each
> question
> asked.
>
> Hopefully this question makes sense.

Lawrence Garvin

"Matt Wheeler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> I have a question about the simulation questions. Are they graded based
>> on final answer or are they graded on a click by click basis.

> I would expect its more based on the final result. but if not, you do have
> the option to "reset" the simulation so that when you've worked out what
> steps you need, you can start it "clean" and do it correctly.

I've seen this question asked a couple of places as I've been reading
through the cert groups today (catching up)...

GIven the vagueness of how we understand Microsoft's scoring policies, and
the fact that the exams seem to be scored based on a "points earned"
philosophy (there's no published maximum scores which would suggest the use
of a "points lost" philosphy)...

It occurs to me that it's not impossible that the exams might include a
scaled score on the simulations based on the efficiency or 'preciseness' by
which one executes the simulation. I'd *like* to think that it's based
entirely on the final solution and the net effect.... but... well....

I think I might take advantage of that "practice.... reset... answer" idea
the next time I take a simulation-based exam.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP
MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2007)

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com