Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > vista problem

vista problem

PEL

I have vista buiness,but recently i have a strange problem,vista seems to
have lost all my windows updates and all my downloaded files,including my
windows mail,but strangely i can see all my files and e-mails if i go in to
my computer then to my c: drive but its all been put under a different name?
very strange.worst of all i cannot update my computer in windows update,my
system will not even let me update manually,it keeps saying this update is
not required for my system,in windows update i get an error message saying:
WINDOWS CANNOT SEARCH FOR UPDATES.
ERROR CODE : 80070490.

aPART FROM THIS MY PROGRAMMES WORK OK
Also my restore points have vannished.

could do with some help please!!

pel

ded

"PEL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> WINDOWS CANNOT SEARCH FOR UPDATES.
> ERROR CODE : 80070490.
>
> aPART FROM THIS MY PROGRAMMES WORK OK
> Also my restore points have vannished.
>
> could do with some help please!!
>
> pel

The error message and specifically the error code you've posted
do not exist. Windows error messages are precise.
This is the MS knowledgebase:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=&spid=global

Type *exactly* the error message/code in the "For:" field
In "Search Product" select Vista from drop-down menu.

PEL

What i told you is correct.:
code : 80070490
WINDOWS COULD NOT SEARCH FOR NEW UPDATES.

PEL

"ded" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fiv7pi$8u3$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "PEL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> WINDOWS CANNOT SEARCH FOR UPDATES.
>> ERROR CODE : 80070490.
>>
>> aPART FROM THIS MY PROGRAMMES WORK OK
>> Also my restore points have vannished.
>>
>> could do with some help please!!
>>
>> pel

> The error message and specifically the error code you've posted
> do not exist. Windows error messages are precise.
> This is the MS knowledgebase:
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=&spid=global
>
> Type *exactly* the error message/code in the "For:" field
> In "Search Product" select Vista from drop-down menu.

Mr. Arnold

"PEL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What i told you is correct.:
> code : 80070490
> WINDOWS COULD NOT SEARCH FOR NEW UPDATES.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929458

PEL

Thankyou mr arnold,but no luck still the same code and error

pel

"Mr. Arnold" <MR. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "PEL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What i told you is correct.:
>> code : 80070490
>> WINDOWS COULD NOT SEARCH FOR NEW UPDATES.
>>

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929458

Mr. Arnold

"PEL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thankyou mr arnold,but no luck still the same code and error

Post to msnews.microsoft.com to MS.Public.Windows.Vista.General,
Setup_install or Security. You'll find people there that can maybe help you.

You can also get to msnews.microsoft.com via a Web browser instead of a
client side newsgroup posting program as well.