Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Firefox update prob

Firefox update prob

Martin @nohere.net

Hi
On my laptop, each time there is an update for firefox -
the update downloads
firefox shuts down then re-opens to install update and I get a message
"ff can't install as there are a couple of files missing"
or somthing to that effect.

When I click cancel the install routine runs again with same results
When I click cancel the install routine runs again with same results
When I click cancel ........................

I then re-boot, download firefox using IE and reinstall and all is
fine till the next ff update - when this failure happens again

Would anyone know why this is happening and how to fix please

I'm running Vista home premium

No probs like this on the desktop

I've googled for info, but I can't find a solution
--
Martin