Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > xlink and xpointer

xlink and xpointer

Robert Jones

Is there a browser or even just a parser that fully supports
and implements xlink and xpointer?

Bjoern Hoehrmann

* Robert Jones wrote in comp.text.xml:
>Is there a browser or even just a parser that fully supports
>and implements xlink and xpointer?

What would that mean, exactly? The common web browsers have very little
to no support for either, and support for XLink on the parser level is
not very meaningful. There are some toolkits that support parts of the
XPointer drafts and specifications, but nothing complete that I know of.
--
Björn Höhrmann · (E-Mail Removed) · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de

Robert Jones

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * Robert Jones wrote in comp.text.xml:
>>Is there a browser or even just a parser that fully supports
>>and implements xlink and xpointer?

> What would that mean, exactly? The common web browsers have very little
> to no support for either, and support for XLink on the parser level is
> not very meaningful. There are some toolkits that support parts of the
> XPointer drafts and specifications, but nothing complete that I know of.

What I meant is is there any way for me to make full use of xlink and
xpointer without having to try and write a plugin or extension to existing
browsers to do so.

Joe Kesselman

Robert Jones wrote:
> Is there a browser or even just a parser that fully supports
> and implements xlink and xpointer?

Possible workaround: You can implement those, more or less, in an XSLT
stylesheet; XSLT suppor tin browsers is slowly becoming more common....

Or, if you're working directly with a parser, it isn't hard to implement
these yourself in the application code.

Xpointer,Xlink,Xpath with XSLT ab.angadbhat@googlemail.com XML 0 02-21-2007 07:23 PM
xlink and xpointer Martin XML 4 02-10-2007 10:31 PM
using xpointer in html tintagel HTML 3 04-03-2006 02:34 AM
using xlink and xpointer with jaxb shay Java 0 11-29-2005 01:18 PM
Difference between XPath, XLink, XPointer and DOM? DV XML 1 04-19-2004 10:51 AM

Advertisments