Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD?

MCSD?

JimIT

Hi,

I am a an experienced .NET developer who'd never really gone down the
certifications track until now. I'm trying to decide between the MCSD for
..NET and the MCPD:Enterprise Applications Developer.

In a couple of the posts I've seen here it has been suggested that getting
the MCSD and then upgrading to MCPD is the best way to go, the MCSD being
more well known in the IT industry than the relatively new MCPD. Given that
however, is it really worth it taking all 5 exams for the MCSD then the 2
upgrade exams for the MCPD , a total of 7 exams (with all the associated
costs - money, time, etc)?

Furthermore, I really think Microsoft should re-evaluate their decision to
require refresher exams every three years for the MCPD instead of just
versioning it like the MCTS. At the rate the .NET versions are coming your
MCPD will have expired by the time you move the next version of .NET.

Please feel free to respond with your thoughts or suggestions.