Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Error code 22 when using F6 to install third party RAID Driver

Error code 22 when using F6 to install third party RAID Driver

Nicholas Lessard

Hi there,

Can somebody tell me what means "Error code is 22" when you want to
install a third party RAID driver when installing Windows XP?

My system (an ECS RC410L/800-M (V2.0) with a Pentium D 2.8GHZ Supporting
EM64T) runs fine on the 32 bit version of Windows XP (and installs fine too)
when I use the drivers supplied on the driver CD that came with my
motherboard.

Now I want to upgrade to the 64 bit version of this OS (U use SolidWorks
and the 64 bit version is better for performance and stability). There is a
64 bit bersion of the RAID driver for that board on the motherboard CD but I
can't use it to install my RAID driver, I always get that message : "File
\ia64\si3112r.sys could not be loaded. The error code is 22.". This is the
same story if I try the lastest drivers from Silicon Image. I wrote to ECS
about this issue and they never gave me an answer.

Now I have Windows XP x64 and SolidWorks CDs in front of me but I can't
do anything with them. What is the meaning of "Error code 22" and how can I
avoid it? What do you suggest?

P.S. Note that XP 64bit installs fine when I install it on a simple IDE
drive; the RAID driver installs properly from within Windows and my RAID
array is perfectly recognized. The problem happens when I want to install XP
64 on THAT array. I want to keep my RAID configuration for performance
purposes.

Thanks for your replies.

regards,

Nico

Carlos

NIcholas,
A quick look at your extensive description reveals that the problem lies in
the driver itself:
"File ia64\si3112r.sys " shows that you are using the wrong 64-bit driver.
That is the one for the 64-bit Itanium and you should be using the one for
64-bit AMD, usually located in a folder named AMD64, which corresponds to the
EM64T version (Pentium and AMD).
Best of luck.
Carlos

"Nicholas Lessard" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Can somebody tell me what means "Error code is 22" when you want to
> install a third party RAID driver when installing Windows XP?
>
> My system (an ECS RC410L/800-M (V2.0) with a Pentium D 2.8GHZ Supporting
> EM64T) runs fine on the 32 bit version of Windows XP (and installs fine too)
> when I use the drivers supplied on the driver CD that came with my
> motherboard.
>
> Now I want to upgrade to the 64 bit version of this OS (U use SolidWorks
> and the 64 bit version is better for performance and stability). There is a
> 64 bit bersion of the RAID driver for that board on the motherboard CD but I
> can't use it to install my RAID driver, I always get that message : "File
> \ia64\si3112r.sys could not be loaded. The error code is 22.". This is the
> same story if I try the lastest drivers from Silicon Image. I wrote to ECS
> about this issue and they never gave me an answer.
>
> Now I have Windows XP x64 and SolidWorks CDs in front of me but I can't
> do anything with them. What is the meaning of "Error code 22" and how can I
> avoid it? What do you suggest?
>
> P.S. Note that XP 64bit installs fine when I install it on a simple IDE
> drive; the RAID driver installs properly from within Windows and my RAID
> array is perfectly recognized. The problem happens when I want to install XP
> 64 on THAT array. I want to keep my RAID configuration for performance
> purposes.
>

> Thanks for your replies.
>
> regards,
>
> Nico

Charlie Russel - MVP

It means there isn't a suitable driver found. Looking at your message, it
looks like you're pointing to an Itanium driver (ia64 directory). These will
not work in Windows x64 Editions. You need drivers in the amd64 directory.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64