Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > problem for synthesis

problem for synthesis

pelotudo pelotudo is offline
Junior Member

hello i am doing a program that counts the ones in an input vector. It is asynchronous so i only have one input and one output (CounterDataIn, CounterDataOut).
If I do it it with wait statements it works but the wait is not suported in synthesis!!!
If I do it through a sensitivity list, it doesn't work!!!
How can I make it work without wait statements?

Here is the architecture:
begin
process (CounterDataIn)
variable count : integer := 0;
variable sum : integer := 0;
begin
if (count /= CounterDataIn'length) then
if (CounterDataIn(count) = '1') then
sum := sum + 1;
count := count + 1;
CounterDataOut <="1111";
elsif (CounterDataIn(count) = '0') then
count := count + 1;
CounterDataOut <="0000";
end if;
elsif (count = CounterDataIn'length) then
CounterDataOut <= std_logic_vector(to_unsigned(sum, CounterDataOut'length));
end if;
end process;

Synthesis Problem Joe Lancaster VHDL 4 01-12-2005 03:32 AM
problem of real type in synthesis, senthil VHDL 3 02-05-2004 04:09 PM
Simulation is OK but problem with synthesis Andy VHDL 5 10-22-2003 06:24 AM
SOS! newbie question about synthesizable VHDL : synthesis run successfully but post-synthesis failed... walala VHDL 4 09-09-2003 08:41 AM
what are the possible reasons that successful pre-synthesis simulation + successful synthesis = failed post-synthes walala VHDL 4 09-08-2003 01:51 PM

Advertisments