Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Which image for a 3640.

Which image for a 3640.

AM

Hello every body,

I have a 3640 running this IOs image file

c3640-ds-mz_113-10_T.bin.

I would upgrade it but I don't know which features it has: Cisco site doesn't recognize the string.
I would like to install 12.2.(32) as cisco refers to it as GD. The only thing I need is the set to choose.
My needs haven't changed so I would install the same features set.
Below the sh ver:

IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3640-DS-M), Version 11.3(10)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Compiled Wed 02-Jun-99 06:01 by pwade
Image text-base: 0x60008918, data-base: 0x609E0000

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(19)AA, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Rt-TS-ITBS-CRS uptime is 5 year, 10 weeks, 1 day, 20 hours, 42 minutes
System restarted by reload at 19:11:49 CET Fri Dec 10 2004
System image file is "flash:1:c3640-ds-mz_113-10_T.bin", booted via flash

cisco 3640 (R4700) processor (revision 0x00) with 36864K/12288K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID xxxxxxxxx
R4700 processor, Implementation 33, Revision 1.0
Channelized E1, Version 1.0.
Bridging software.
X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
Primary Rate ISDN software, Version 1.1.
Basic Rate ISDN software, Version 1.1.
4 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
16 Serial network interface(s)
16 ISDN Basic Rate interface(s)
2 Channelized E1/PRI port(s)
DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.
8192K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

May anyone help me?

TIA,

Alex

Merv

see

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...n/36_112_7.pdf

It is an IP/IPX/Decnet/Appletalk feature set

ciscodagama@gmail.com

Also note that the 12.2 release notes seem to be recommending 64 MB of
DRAM for operation. You have less than that currently installed on
your 3640 system. To upgrade to the GD 12.2 release, please take any
system upgrades you might need also into account. Depending of how
heavily your 3640 is used, you may have to upgrade the memory on that
system too when you upgrade the software.

Cisco da Gama
http://ciscostudy.blogspot.com

Doan

You can use the Feature Navigator at cisco.com and do an image comparision
between the two. Here is the result:

Cisco Feature Navigator

Compare Images

Search Results
First Image Information Second Image Information
Image Name (DRAM/Flash) c3640-ds-mz.11.3-10.T (32/
Image Name (DRAM/Flash) c3640-i-mz.12.2-32 (32/

Features Unique to First Image
Airline Product Set (ALPS)
AppleTalk 1 and 2
AppleTalk Control Protocol (ATCP)
AppleTalk Load Balancing
AppleTalk Remote Access Protocol (ARAP)
AppleTalk Routing over ISL and IEEE 802.10 in Virtual LANs
AppleTalk SMRP
AppleTalk Update-Based Routing Protocol (AURP)
Bisync (BSC)
BSTUN (Block Serial Tunneling)
DECnet Accounting
DECNet IV
DECnet over ISL
DECnet over LANE
Display SAP by Name
DLSw (RFC 1795)
DLSw CO features
DLSw V2
DLSw+
DLSw+ Asynchronous TCP Enhancements
DLSw+ Backup Peer Extensions for Encapsulation Types
DLSw+ Border Peer Caching
DLSw+ SNA Type of Service
DLSw+ Support For Transporting LLC1 UI Traffic
DNS Server Request Support in AAA
Down Stream Physical Unit (DSPU) over DLSw+
Downstream PU concentration (DSPU)
Enhanced ATM VC Configuration and Management
Fast-Switched SRTLB
Frame Relay Access Support (FRAS) Border Access Node (BAN)
Frame Relay Access Support (FRAS) Boundary Network Node (BNN)
Frame Relay Access Support (FRAS) Dial Backup over DLSW+
Frame Relay Access Support (FRAS) DLCI Backup
Frame Relay Access Support (FRAS) Host
HSRP over ISL
IPX Access Control List Violation Logging
IPX Access List Plain English Filters
IPX Control Protocol
IPX Named Access Lists
IPX Routing over ISL Virtual LANs
IPX SAP-after-RIP
IPXWAN 2.0
ISL VLAN
LAN Network Manager over DLSw+
Layer 2 Forwarding-Fast Switching
Multichassis MultiLink PPP (MMP)
Multihop VPDN
Native Client Interface Architecture (NCIA) Server
Native Service Point over DLSW+
NetWare Link-Services Protocol (NLSP)
NLSP Multicast Support
Novell IPX
Qualified Logical Link Control (QLLC)
RIF Passthru in DLSw+
SDLC-to-LAN conversion (SDLLC)
SRB - Source-Route bridging
SRB over Frame Relay
SSRP for LANE
Stack Group Bidding Protocol (SGBP)
STUN (Serial Tunnel)
Synchronous Data Link Control (SDLC)
Token Ring ISL
Tunneling of Asynchronous Security Protocols
Virtual Private Dial-up Network (VPDN)
Voice Over IP (VoIP)

Features Unique to Second Image
AAA Broadcast Accounting
AAA DNIS Map for Authorization
AAA Server Group
AAA Server Group Deadtimer
AAA Server Group Enhancements
AAA Server Groups Based on DNIS
Asynchronous Rotary Line Queuing
Asynchronous Serial Traffic Over UDP
ATM Cell Loss Priority (CLP) Setting
AutoInstall Using DHCP for LAN Interfaces
BGP Soft Reset
Bidirectional PIM
CEF/dCEF - Cisco Express Forwarding
Class Based Ethernet CoS Matching & Marking (802.1p & ISL CoS)
Class Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ)
Class-Based Marking
Class-Based Policing
Class-Based Shaping
CLI String Search
Commented IP Access List Entries
Committed Access Rate (CAR)
Configurable per ATM-VC Hold Queue size
COPS for RSVP
CUG Selection Facility Suppress Option
Default Passive Interface
DHCP Client
DHCP Relay Agent Support for Unnumbered Interfaces
DHCP Server
DHCP Server Options - Import and Autoconfiguration
Dial on Demand Authentication Enhancements
Dialer Idle Timer Inbound Traffic Configuration
Diffserv Compliant WRED
DNS based X.25 routing
Dynamic Multiple Encapsulation for Dial-in over ISDN
EIGRP Stub Routing
Express RTP and TCP Header Compression
Flow-Based WRED
Frame Relay ELMI Address Registration
Frame Relay End-to-End Keepalive
Frame Relay PVC Interface Priority Queueing
Frame Relay Switching Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Frame Relay Switching Enhancements: Shaping and Policing
Frame Relay Tunnel Switching
HSRP support for ICMP Redirects
IGMP Version 3
Interface Index Persistence
Interface Range Specification
IP DSCP marking for Frame-Relay PVC
IP Multilayer Switching (IP MLS)
IP RTP Priority
IP SLAs DHCP Operation
IP SLAs Distribution of Statistics
IP SLAs DLSw+ Operation
IP SLAs DNS Operation
IP SLAs FTP Operation
IP SLAs HTTP Operation
IP SLAs One-way Measurements
IP SLAs Reaction Threshold
IP SLAs Scheduling
IP SLAs TCP Connect Operation
IP SLAs UDP Echo Operation
IP SLAs UDP Jitter Operation
IP Summary Address for RIPv2
IP-to-ATM CoS
ISDN Cause Code Override
ISDN LAPB-TA
ISDN Network Side for ETSI Net5 PRI
Low Latency Queueing (LLQ)
Low Latency Queueing (LLQ) for Frame Relay
Modular QoS CLI (MQC)
Multicast BGP (MBGP)
Multicast NAT
Multicast Routing Monitor (MRM)
Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP)
NAT - Support for NetMeeting Directory (Internet Locator Service - ILS)
NAT-Support of IP Phone to Cisco Call Manager
NBAR - Network-based Application Recognition
NetFlow
NetFlow Aggregation
NetFlow Policy Routing (NPR)
Network Side ISDN PRI Signaling, Trunking, and Switching
OSPF Flooding Reduction
OSPF Packet Pacing
Parse Bookmarks
Parser Cache
PIM Dense Mode State Refresh
PPP over Frame Relay
QoS Device Manager (QDM)
QoS Packet Marking
RADIUS Attribute 44 (Accounting Session ID) in Access Requests
RADIUS for Multiple User Datagram Protocol Ports
Response Time Reporter (RTR) enhancements
RGMP - Router-Port Group Management Protocol
RSVP Support for Frame Relay
Selective Virtual-Access Interface Creation
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) DHCP Operation
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) Distribution of Statistics
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) DLSW+ Operation
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) DNS Operation
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) FTP Operation
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) History Statistics
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) HTTP Operation
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) ICMP Path Echo Operation
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) One-way Measurements
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) Reaction Threshold
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) Scheduling
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) SNA LU2 Echo
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) SNMP Support
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) TCP Connect Operation
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) UDP Echo Operation
Service Assurance Agent (SAA) UDP Jitter Operation
Single Rate 3-Color Marker for Traffic Policing
SNMP Inform Request
SNMP Manager
SNMP Version 3
Source Specific Multicast (SSM)
Source Specific Multicast (SSM) - IGMPv3,IGMP v3lite, and URD
Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) Extension
Subnetwork Bandwidth Manager (SBM)
Time-Based Access Lists Using Time Ranges
Triggered RIP
Uni-Directional Link Routing (UDLR)
Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding (uRPF)
User Maximum Links
V.110 support for Digital Modems
Virtual Profile CEF Switched
WCCP Redirection on Inbound Interfaces
WCCP Version 1
WCCP Version 2
X.25 Calling Address Insertion and Removal Based on Input Interface
X.25 Closed User Group
X.25 Failover
X.25 Load Balancing
X.25 over Frame Relay (Annex G)
X.25 Remote Failure Detection
X.25 Switch Local Acknowledgement

Common Features in Both Images
Additional Vendor-Proprietary RADIUS Attributes
Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
Always On Dynamic ISDN (AO/DI)
ATM-DXI
Automatic modem configuration
Bandwidth Allocation Control Protocol (BACP)
BGP
BGP 4
BGP 4 Multipath Support
BGP 4 Prefix Filter and In-bound Route Maps
BGP 4 Soft Config
CDP (Cisco Discovery Protocol) Version 2
CGMP - Cisco Group Management Protocol
Challege Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)
Channelized E1 Signaling
ClickStart
Combinet Packet Protocol (CPP)
Compression Control Protocol
CT1/RBS (Robbed Bit Signaling)
Custom Queueing (CQ)
DHCP Proxy Client
Dial Backup
Dial-on-demand
Dialer Profiles
Dialer Watch
Double Authentication
DRP Server Agent
E1 R2 Signaling
Easy IP (Phase 1)
EGP
Enhanced IGRP (EIGRP)
Enhanced Local Management Interface (ELMI)
Fast-Switched Policy Routing
Frame Relay
Frame Relay Encapsulation
Frame Relay FRF.9 Payload Compression
Frame Relay Router ForeSight
Frame Relay Switching
Frame Relay Traffic Shaping (FRTS)
FTP Support for Downloading Software Images
Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE)
Generic Traffic Shaping (GTS)
Half bridge/half router for CPP and PPP
HSRP - Hot Standby Router Protocol
HTTP Security
IGMP Version 1
IGMP Version 2
IGRP
Integrated routing and bridging (IRB)
Internet Protocol Control Protocol (IPCP) address negotiation
IP Enhanced IGRP Route Authentication
IP Multicast Load Splitting across Equal-Cost Paths
IP Named Access Control List
IP Precedence for GRE Tunnels
IP Routing
IP SLAs ICMP Echo Operation
IP SLAs ICMP Path Echo Operation
ISDN
ISDN Caller ID Callback
ISDN Leased Line at 128kbps
ISDN NFAS
ISDN-NFAS with D Channel Backup
Line Printer Daemon (LPD)
Lock and Key
Message Banners for AAA Authentication
Microsoft Point-to-Point Compression (MPPC)
MLPPP - Multilink PPP
MS Callback
MS-CHAP Version 1
Named Method Lists for AAA Authorization and Accounting
NAT - Network Address Translation
National ISDN Switch Types for BRI and PRI Interfaces
Network Time Protocol (NTP)
Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP)
On Demand Routing (ODR)
OSPF
OSPF Not-So-Stubby Areas (NSSA)
OSPF On Demand Circuit (RFC 1793)
PAD Subaddressing
Password Authentication Protocol (PAP)
Per-User Configuration
PIM Version 1
PIM Version 2
Policy-Based Routing (PBR)
PPP
PPP over ATM
Priority Queueing (PQ)
RADIUS
Random Early Detection (RED)
Reflexive Access Lists
Response Time Reporter (RTR)
RIP
RMON events and alarms
RSVP - Resource Reservation Protocol
RTP Header Compression
Selective Packet Discard (SPD)
Snapshot routing
SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol)
SNMPv2C
Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
Standard IP Access List Logging
Stub IP Multicast Routing
Switched Multimegabit Data Service (SMDS)
Tacacs SENDAUTH function
Tacacs Single Connection
TACACS+
Transparent Bridging
Virtual Interface Template Service
Virtual Profiles
Weighted Fair Queueing (WFQ)
Weighted RED (WRED)
x Digital Subscriber Line (xDSL) Bridge Support
X.25
X.25 over TCP (XOT)
X.25 Switching between PVCs and SVCs
X.28 Emulation

1992-2006 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions,
Privacy Statement, Cookie Policy and Trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc.

Doan

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, AM wrote:

> Hello every body,
>
> I have a 3640 running this IOs image file
>
> c3640-ds-mz_113-10_T.bin.
>
> I would upgrade it but I don't know which features it has: Cisco site doesn't recognize the string.
> I would like to install 12.2.(32) as cisco refers to it as GD. The only thing I need is the set to choose.
> My needs haven't changed so I would install the same features set.
> Below the sh ver:

> Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
> IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3640-DS-M), Version 11.3(10)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
> Copyright (c) 1986-1999 by cisco Systems, Inc.
> Compiled Wed 02-Jun-99 06:01 by pwade
> Image text-base: 0x60008918, data-base: 0x609E0000
>
> ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(19)AA, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
>
> Rt-TS-ITBS-CRS uptime is 5 year, 10 weeks, 1 day, 20 hours, 42 minutes
> System restarted by reload at 19:11:49 CET Fri Dec 10 2004
> System image file is "flash:1:c3640-ds-mz_113-10_T.bin", booted via flash
>
> cisco 3640 (R4700) processor (revision 0x00) with 36864K/12288K bytes of memory.
> Processor board ID xxxxxxxxx
> R4700 processor, Implementation 33, Revision 1.0
> Channelized E1, Version 1.0.
> Bridging software.
> X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
> Primary Rate ISDN software, Version 1.1.
> Basic Rate ISDN software, Version 1.1.
> 4 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
> 16 Serial network interface(s)
> 16 ISDN Basic Rate interface(s)
> 2 Channelized E1/PRI port(s)
> DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.
> 125K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
> 8192K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)
>
> Configuration register is 0x2102
>

> May anyone help me?
>
> TIA,
>
> Alex

Merv

If you post your config, then it will be easier to tell what features
you are using from the software you have.

I think was feature set you have in the 3640 was referred to as
Desktop (probably because of Novell IPX and Appletalk ?)

It will be a shame to reload a router that has been up for over 5 years

AM

Merv wrote:
> If you post your config, then it will be easier to tell what features
> you are using from the software you have.
>
> I think was feature set you have in the 3640 was referred to as
> Desktop (probably because of Novell IPX and Appletalk ?)
>
> It will be a shame to reload a router that has been up for over 5 years

Many thanks to everybody.
My only need was not to install an image with different features which I must pay for.

About the upgrade I'll do that certainly.

Thanks,

Alex.