Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Eneloops at Wal-Mart

Eneloops at Wal-Mart

tnom@mucks.net

Just bought four AA Eneloops with Sanyo charger for $19.87

Thought this was odd because I've never heard of Wal-Mart
selling them before.

Morton

> Just bought four AA Eneloops with Sanyo charger for $19.87
>
> Thought this was odd because I've never heard of Wal-Mart
> selling them before.

Hi,

For about that price, Costco gives you 8 AA and 4 AAA and 2 each of C,
and D shells, plus the charger of course, all Eneloops, in a neat hard
plastic carrying case.

Morton

Allen

Morton wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Just bought four AA Eneloops with Sanyo charger for $19.87
>>
>> Thought this was odd because I've never heard of Wal-Mart selling
>> them before.

> Hi,
>
> For about that price, Costco gives you 8 AA and 4 AAA and 2 each of C,
> and D shells, plus the charger of course, all Eneloops, in a neat hard
> plastic carrying case.
>
> Morton

I took advantage of the Costco coupon, making the cost $19.99 (plus
sales tax). I just installed four yesterday and am interested in finding
out how they compare with the Rayovac Hybrids. But why, oh why, the
plastic carrying case? Just something to recycle or throw away, as far
as I'm concerned.
Allen

tnom@mucks.net

>> Morton

>I took advantage of the Costco coupon, making the cost $19.99 (plus
>sales tax). I just installed four yesterday and am interested in finding
>out how they compare with the Rayovac Hybrids. But why, oh why, the
>plastic carrying case? Just something to recycle or throw away, as far
>as I'm concerned.
>Allen

The plastic carrying case is for safely storing your batteries when in
your camera bag or in your pocket with your keys. Multiple AA
batteries tumbling about in a pocket could make a unwanted connection.

Allen

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> Morton

>> I took advantage of the Costco coupon, making the cost $19.99 (plus
>> sales tax). I just installed four yesterday and am interested in finding
>> out how they compare with the Rayovac Hybrids. But why, oh why, the
>> plastic carrying case? Just something to recycle or throw away, as far
>> as I'm concerned.
>> Allen

> The plastic carrying case is for safely storing your batteries when in
> your camera bag or in your pocket with your keys. Multiple AA
> batteries tumbling about in a pocket could make a unwanted connection.

The case is (in inches) 8.5 x 7.5 x1.5. Quite a large pocket needed for
that. And how often would you need 8 AAs, 4 AAAs, 2 D-cell converters, 2
C-cell converters and a charger IN YOUR POCKET or IN YOUR CAMERA BAG?
Allen

Ron Hunter

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> Morton

>> I took advantage of the Costco coupon, making the cost $19.99 (plus
>> sales tax). I just installed four yesterday and am interested in finding
>> out how they compare with the Rayovac Hybrids. But why, oh why, the
>> plastic carrying case? Just something to recycle or throw away, as far
>> as I'm concerned.
>> Allen

> The plastic carrying case is for safely storing your batteries when in
> your camera bag or in your pocket with your keys. Multiple AA
> batteries tumbling about in a pocket could make a unwanted connection.

And if that unwanted connection happened in your pocket, it could be
painful. Experience speaks!