Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > media player not playing

Reply
Thread Tools

media player not playing

 
 
eugene
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2007
Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with my new
Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my camera, they
played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so now! I am told that my
selected file has an extension .MOV that is not recognised.
Anybody.............please

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rgr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2007
eugene wrote:
> Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with my
> new Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my
> camera, they played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so now! I
> am told that my selected file has an extension .MOV that is not
> recognised. Anybody.............please


Download and install Media Player Classic. Make it your default player:
http://tinyurl.com/jiir
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Old Gringo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2007
On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:14:15 -0000, Without Any Hesitation
Or Thinking Twice, eugene Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

> Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with my new
> Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my camera, they
> played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so now! I am told that my
> selected file has an extension .MOV that is not recognised.
> Anybody.............please


Maybe change the .Mov to .AVI ?? Just a guess.
Good Luck
--
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
11/30/2007 7:33:37 AM CST
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rgr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2007
Old Gringo wrote:
> On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:14:15 -0000, Without Any Hesitation
> Or Thinking Twice, eugene Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
> Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
>
>> Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with my new
>> Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my camera, they
>> played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so now! I am told that my
>> selected file has an extension .MOV that is not recognised.
>> Anybody.............please

>
> Maybe change the .Mov to .AVI ?? Just a guess.


He just needs to associate .mov files to his media player, but the
solution I offered will give him a better player and take care of the
association for him.
 
Reply With Quote
 
chuckcar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2007
Old Gringo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:14:15 -0000, Without Any Hesitation
> Or Thinking Twice, eugene Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
> Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
>
>> Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with
>> my new Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my
>> camera, they played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so
>> now! I am told that my selected file has an extension .MOV that is
>> not recognised. Anybody.............please

>
> Maybe change the .Mov to .AVI ?? Just a guess.
> Good Luck


No, they are not the same type of file.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
 
Reply With Quote
 
chuckcar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2007
"eugene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with
> my new Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my
> camera, they played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so now!
> I am told that my selected file has an extension .MOV that is not
> recognised. Anybody.............please
>


See if you have codecs for Apple's Quicktime installed. If not, you need
them. Mov files are apples format.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
 
Reply With Quote
 
Old Gringo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2007
On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:55:16 -0500, Without Any Hesitation
Or Thinking Twice, Rgr Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

> Old Gringo wrote:
>> On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:14:15 -0000, Without Any Hesitation
>> Or Thinking Twice, eugene Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
>> Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
>>
>>> Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with my new
>>> Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my camera, they
>>> played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so now! I am told that my
>>> selected file has an extension .MOV that is not recognised.
>>> Anybody.............please

>>
>> Maybe change the .Mov to .AVI ?? Just a guess.

>
> He just needs to associate .mov files to his media player, but the
> solution I offered will give him a better player and take care of the
> association for him.


I use VLC player and it will kick in where others wont.
--
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
11/30/2007 8:20:38 PM CST
 
Reply With Quote
 
Old Gringo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2007
On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:44:04 -0500, Without Any Hesitation
Or Thinking Twice, chuckcar Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

> Old Gringo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:14:15 -0000, Without Any Hesitation
>> Or Thinking Twice, eugene Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
>> Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
>>
>>> Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with
>>> my new Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my
>>> camera, they played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so
>>> now! I am told that my selected file has an extension .MOV that is
>>> not recognised. Anybody.............please

>>
>> Maybe change the .Mov to .AVI ?? Just a guess.
>> Good Luck

>
> No, they are not the same type of file.


Thanks for the info.
--
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
11/30/2007 8:21:57 PM CST
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows media player 11 playing slooooow in Vista TT Computer Support 2 02-27-2007 08:01 AM
Windows Media Player stopped playing DVDs, please help Phisherman DVD Video 0 03-28-2006 12:18 PM
DVD not playing in windows media player Chris Computer Support 6 01-28-2005 12:10 AM
Playing DVDs in Media player 9 Silent Bob. Computer Support 1 09-27-2004 05:20 PM
Help with playing .AVIs with win media player 9 -- still can't find a proper codec..... anyuser Computer Support 2 11-19-2003 11:05 PM



Advertisments