Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Another Strike for Vista

Another Strike for Vista

Blinky the Shark

<q>

SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp.'s Windows XP operating system is about to get
faster and Windows Vista isn't, according to a report that caused a stir
online this week as industry watchers speculated that a zippier XP could
keep customers from upgrading to Vista.

Wellington, Fla.-based Devil Mountain Software ran several versions of
XP and Vista through a test simulating common desktop computing tasks.
It found the original Vista performed 50 percent to 100 percent slower
than the prevalent XP Service Pack 2, or SP2.

Vista SP1, due out in the first quarter of 2008, barely improved the
operating system's performance.

But XP SP3, scheduled for the first half of 2008, did improve on XP's
earlier performance, running 10 percent faster than SP2.

</q>

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071130/..._performance_2

= http://tinyurl.com/39gc2r

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

richard

On 30 Nov 2007 06:21:17 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

> <q>
>
> SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp.'s Windows XP operating system is about to get
> faster and Windows Vista isn't, according to a report that caused a stir
> online this week as industry watchers speculated that a zippier XP could
> keep customers from upgrading to Vista.

I'll bet it ain't the software. I am running vista premium now on an amd
athlon processor and this puppy just rocks.
Compared to my P3 intell powered laptop, it sucks.
Even my amd laptop was by far faster running XP.

Plato

richard wrote:

> > SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp.'s Windows XP operating system is about to get
> > faster and Windows Vista isn't, according to a report that caused a stir
> > online this week as industry watchers speculated that a zippier XP could
> > keep customers from upgrading to Vista.

> I'll bet it ain't the software. I am running vista premium now on an amd
> athlon processor and this puppy just rocks.
> Compared to my P3 intell powered laptop, it sucks.
> Even my amd laptop was by far faster running XP.

Then continue using XP, just like the OP referred to.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Tony

Vista is a pig!

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> <q>
>
> SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp.'s Windows XP operating system is about to get
> faster and Windows Vista isn't, according to a report that caused a stir
> online this week as industry watchers speculated that a zippier XP could
> keep customers from upgrading to Vista.

> Wellington, Fla.-based Devil Mountain Software ran several versions of
> XP and Vista through a test simulating common desktop computing tasks.
> It found the original Vista performed 50 percent to 100 percent slower
> than the prevalent XP Service Pack 2, or SP2.
>
> Vista SP1, due out in the first quarter of 2008, barely improved the
> operating system's performance.
>
> But XP SP3, scheduled for the first half of 2008, did improve on XP's
> earlier performance, running 10 percent faster than SP2.

> </q>
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071130/..._performance_2
>
> = http://tinyurl.com/39gc2r
>
> --
> Blinky
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project - http://improve-usenet.org

Plato

Tony wrote:

> Vista is a pig!

Works OK if you have enough ram and a fast CPU. The interface seems to
be what many people are complaining about.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Mr. Arnold

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> <q>
>
> SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp.'s Windows XP operating system is about to get
> faster and Windows Vista isn't, according to a report that caused a stir
> online this week as industry watchers speculated that a zippier XP could
> keep customers from upgrading to Vista.

> Wellington, Fla.-based Devil Mountain Software ran several versions of
> XP and Vista through a test simulating common desktop computing tasks.
> It found the original Vista performed 50 percent to 100 percent slower
> than the prevalent XP Service Pack 2, or SP2.
>
> Vista SP1, due out in the first quarter of 2008, barely improved the
> operating system's performance.
>
> But XP SP3, scheduled for the first half of 2008, did improve on XP's
> earlier performance, running 10 percent faster than SP2.

My HP dv9000 laptop duo with 32bit version of Vista running on it runs just
as fast as the XP 64 bit machine at work that's duo that has the Vista
logo but is running XP.

Mitch

In article <47505a68$0$19391$(E-Mail Removed)>, Plato <|@|.|>
wrote:

> Works OK if you have enough ram and a fast CPU. The interface seems to
> be what many people are complaining about.

So... it works 'OK,' under certain conditions (mainly that you spend
lmoney upgrading hardware, too!), but has a
bad/annoying/complaint-worthy interface?

It still sounds like you are forgiving a company that has
MASSIVELY SCREWED UP!

Mr. Arnold

"Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:011220070739029285%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <47505a68$0$19391$(E-Mail Removed)>, Plato <|@|.|>
> wrote:
>
>> Works OK if you have enough ram and a fast CPU. The interface seems to
>> be what many people are complaining about.

> So... it works 'OK,' under certain conditions (mainly that you spend
> lmoney upgrading hardware, too!), but has a
> bad/annoying/complaint-worthy interface?
>
> It still sounds like you are forgiving a company that has
> MASSIVELY SCREWED UP!

Mr. Arnold

I tried to cook some pan cakes with the hotel's pan. It was a it was a mess.
The pan cakes kept sticking to the non Teflon pan.

This is going to be my new boy on the kitchen top. The one I had since
September, I'll give it to someone.

I saw advertisements for it today on tv.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4790227

Plato

Mitch wrote:

> In article <47505a68$0$19391$(E-Mail Removed)>, Plato <|@|.|>
> wrote:
>
> > Works OK if you have enough ram and a fast CPU. The interface seems to
> > be what many people are complaining about.

> So... it works 'OK,' under certain conditions (mainly that you spend
> lmoney upgrading hardware, too!), but has a
> bad/annoying/complaint-worthy interface?
>
> It still sounds like you are forgiving a company that has
> MASSIVELY SCREWED UP!

I'm not forgiving anybody. You dont have to use or buy Vista. Heck, my
son runs linux off a flash drive and takes it around with him on his
keychain.

Writers strike is over, but a new strike is on the horizon. richard Computer Support 0 05-08-2008 12:39 AM
OT: I am Back On Windows Vista Beta Testing Strike. Windows 64bit 0 06-26-2006 04:24 AM
Mycoplasma Pneumonia strike again unholy The Lounge 34 05-06-2006 11:23 AM
Pre-emptive strike on the MCNGP! MCSE 27 06-16-2005 06:28 PM
Empire Strike Again anonymous MCSE 9 11-21-2003 04:15 PM

Advertisments