Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > N1 Wireless networking and Vista

N1 Wireless networking and Vista

Nathan Walker

I'm running Vista with a new Belkin N1 router and N1 Wireless USB adaptor.

The wireless adaptor works fine for an internet connection(surfing the net),
but I am experiencing a problem when running video or audio.

I get an interruption every minute or so when playing CD's, listening to
audio files,
using Skype - ANYTHING

It happens when the light on the N1 USB receiver flashes really fast...

- I bought a D-Link N1 USB adaptor and it also has the same problem, so
it's not the devices.

- I plugged in my G-USB wireless adaptor and I don't have a problem.

- I then try the N1 devices on my laptop with XP and I don't have a problem.

My computer store says is it obviously a compatiablity issue with Vista and
N1 wireless devices....when using multi media.

Help....! I want to use Skype at high speed to talk to my parents
overseas...
but I'm restricted to using my G-USB adaptor on my Vista computer.

Pavel A.

??? So why you can't use Skype with the G-USB adaptor?

--PA

"Nathan Walker" wrote:
> I'm running Vista with a new Belkin N1 router and N1 Wireless USB adaptor.
>
> The wireless adaptor works fine for an internet connection(surfing the net),
> but I am experiencing a problem when running video or audio.
>
> I get an interruption every minute or so when playing CD's, listening to
> audio files,
> using Skype - ANYTHING
>
> It happens when the light on the N1 USB receiver flashes really fast...
>
> - I bought a D-Link N1 USB adaptor and it also has the same problem, so
> it's not the devices.
>
> - I plugged in my G-USB wireless adaptor and I don't have a problem.
>
> - I then try the N1 devices on my laptop with XP and I don't have a problem.
>

> My computer store says is it obviously a compatiablity issue with Vista and
> N1 wireless devices....when using multi media.
>
> Help....! I want to use Skype at high speed to talk to my parents
> overseas...
> but I'm restricted to using my G-USB adaptor on my Vista computer.

Nathan Walker

I can, but with a G USB adaptor I get a lower internet speed

I want to use my N1 gear to get a higher internet speed and crystal clear
Skype

"Pavel A." wrote:

> ??? So why you can't use Skype with the G-USB adaptor?
>
> --PA
>
> "Nathan Walker" wrote:
> > I'm running Vista with a new Belkin N1 router and N1 Wireless USB adaptor.
> >
> > The wireless adaptor works fine for an internet connection(surfing the net),
> > but I am experiencing a problem when running video or audio.
> >
> > I get an interruption every minute or so when playing CD's, listening to
> > audio files,
> > using Skype - ANYTHING
> >
> > It happens when the light on the N1 USB receiver flashes really fast...
> >
> > - I bought a D-Link N1 USB adaptor and it also has the same problem, so
> > it's not the devices.
> >
> > - I plugged in my G-USB wireless adaptor and I don't have a problem.
> >
> > - I then try the N1 devices on my laptop with XP and I don't have a problem.
> >

> > My computer store says is it obviously a compatiablity issue with Vista and
> > N1 wireless devices....when using multi media.
> >
> > Help....! I want to use Skype at high speed to talk to my parents
> > overseas...
> > but I'm restricted to using my G-USB adaptor on my Vista computer.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Since Vista works with a lot of other Draft-N adapter I would dare to say
that it is Not Vista that are Not compatible with Belkin, but rather that
the Belkin might Not work well with Vista.
Try another Draft-N devices (and do not forget it is Draft).
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Nathan Walker" <Nathan http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm running Vista with a new Belkin N1 router and N1 Wireless USB adaptor.
>
> The wireless adaptor works fine for an internet connection(surfing the
> net),
> but I am experiencing a problem when running video or audio.
>
> I get an interruption every minute or so when playing CD's, listening to
> audio files,
> using Skype - ANYTHING
>
> It happens when the light on the N1 USB receiver flashes really fast...
>
> - I bought a D-Link N1 USB adaptor and it also has the same problem, so
> it's not the devices.
>
> - I plugged in my G-USB wireless adaptor and I don't have a problem.
>
> - I then try the N1 devices on my laptop with XP and I don't have a
> problem.
>

> My computer store says is it obviously a compatiablity issue with Vista
> and
> N1 wireless devices....when using multi media.
>
> Help....! I want to use Skype at high speed to talk to my parents
> overseas...
> but I'm restricted to using my G-USB adaptor on my Vista computer.

Nathan Walker

Jack, please read my post correctly.... I said I also bought a D-Link USB
adaptor
and it ALSO has the same problem.

Anyway - I'm done with Vista. I'm installing XP today.

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> Since Vista works with a lot of other Draft-N adapter I would dare to say
> that it is Not Vista that are Not compatible with Belkin, but rather that
> the Belkin might Not work well with Vista.
> Try another Draft-N devices (and do not forget it is Draft).
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Nathan Walker" <Nathan (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm running Vista with a new Belkin N1 router and N1 Wireless USB adaptor.
> >
> > The wireless adaptor works fine for an internet connection(surfing the
> > net),
> > but I am experiencing a problem when running video or audio.
> >
> > I get an interruption every minute or so when playing CD's, listening to
> > audio files,
> > using Skype - ANYTHING
> >
> > It happens when the light on the N1 USB receiver flashes really fast...
> >
> > - I bought a D-Link N1 USB adaptor and it also has the same problem, so
> > it's not the devices.
> >
> > - I plugged in my G-USB wireless adaptor and I don't have a problem.
> >
> > - I then try the N1 devices on my laptop with XP and I don't have a
> > problem.
> >

> > My computer store says is it obviously a compatiablity issue with Vista
> > and
> > N1 wireless devices....when using multi media.
> >
> > Help....! I want to use Skype at high speed to talk to my parents
> > overseas...
> > but I'm restricted to using my G-USB adaptor on my Vista computer.

Pavel A.

"Nathan Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jack, please read my post correctly.... I said I also bought a D-Link USB
> adaptor
> and it ALSO has the same problem.
>
> Anyway - I'm done with Vista. I'm installing XP today.

Hmm and this is after all these efforts that Microsoft
put into QoS enhancements in Vista...

--PA