Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > file transfer speed ???

file transfer speed ???

§kidŽow301˛°°ž

i just set up my 2 pc's for wireless networking .... the internet is ok ,,,
but it struggles to reach over 1mb file transfer speed from 1 pc to the
other.

anybody help me
(ps. I'm new to wireless ect)

Jack

Hi

1 MB/sec. B=Byte is 8Mb/sec. (b=bit) is very good performance when using
802.11b. Using 802.11g Wireless, while the source and the client are one
next to the other, should yield 18–20 Mb/sec. which is a transfer of 2–2.5
MB/sec.

It is not uncommon to get 1 MB/sec transfer if the Client is away from the
source and or there is Wireless Obstructions/Noise in the environment.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"§kidŽow301˛°°ž" <oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i just set up my 2 pc's for wireless networking .... the internet is ok ,,,
>but it struggles to reach over 1mb file transfer speed from 1 pc to the
>other.
>
> anybody help me
> (ps. I'm new to wireless ect)

§kidŽow301˛°°ž

sorry ... i should have said i'm on 802.11g , the wireless router is about
25 feet away from both the pc's

Jack

Hi
Well, id depends what this 25 feet is comprise of.
You can get a frame of reference by putting temporarily one computer next to
the Wireless Router and measure the transfer.