Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > New D300 Probs

New D300 Probs

JimmyG

I just got my new D300. Took it out for a morning of shooting with my
200-400.

I got consistently overexposed shots by one f/.

All were pretty much fixable as I shot in NEF/RAW, however they shouldn't
have needed that much adjustment in the first place.

Perhaps something in my custom settings?

Hope it's fixable.

Rita Berkowitz

JimmyG wrote:

> I just got my new D300. Took it out for a morning of shooting with my
> 200-400.
>
> I got consistently overexposed shots by one f/.

RTFM

Rita

Douglas

"JimmyG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:W_F3j.10368$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just got my new D300. Took it out for a morning of shooting with my
>200-400.
>
> I got consistently overexposed shots by one f/.
>
> All were pretty much fixable as I shot in NEF/RAW, however they shouldn't
> have needed that much adjustment in the first place.
>
> Perhaps something in my custom settings?
>
> Hope it's fixable.

When you unpack a camera with fancy features... It almost always exposes the
idiots.
Multi point metering is the culprit. RTFM.

Douglas

JimmyG

IFDAH

JimmyG

So I'm an "Idiot?"

I spent HOURS RTFM.

Your unkind, thoughtless and TOTALLY incorrect assumptions have made YOU the
idiot, sir.

Are you just jealous that I received a D300 before you?

Before showing the owrld that you are a total JERK, think that the writer of
the message just MIGHT have considered all teh possibilities in the manual
and is resorting to online forums for CONSTRUCTIVE assistance, not moronic
ramblings.

GFY!

JimmyG

Pardon the typos, I had my spellcheck turned off.

John Smith

What's IFDAH mean?

newsEY3j.10413$(E-Mail Removed)...

dannynikon1@cox.net

On Nov 29, 2:16 pm, "JimmyG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I just got my new D300. Took it out for a morning of shooting with my
> 200-400.
>
> I got consistently overexposed shots by one f/.
>
> All were pretty much fixable as I shot in NEF/RAW, however they shouldn't
> have needed that much adjustment in the first place.
>
> Perhaps something in my custom settings?
>
> Hope it's fixable.

See page 277 of manual for custom setting B6, fine tuning exposure.

Danny W.

JimmyG

Thank you VERY much for a coherant, intelligent response.

JimmyG

IFDAH = "I F-ing DID, AssHole"

WTF, ... I'm deleting this group anyhow.