Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > IE wants to install some MS Office component?

IE wants to install some MS Office component?

Lunaray

I'm using IE 6.0 and occasionally I'll hit a website that brings up a MS
Office installation dialogue box, telling me that the feature I need to
install is on the MS Office CD, what's this all about? I do have the
original MS Office installation disk somewhere, but it's an old version
(Office 2000), so I just cancel out of it, but the box keeps popping up and
I have to leave that particular site, to make it stop, and sometimes I have
to close IE altogether.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks all!

Ray

P.S. I have Office 2000 installed on my PC and all of its' components work
fine!