Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > manifest file

manifest file

LinLMa@gmail.com

Hello everyone,

For a native unmanaged C/C++ Application/DLL/static lib, are there any
practical usage of manifest file? If I am not building .NET Assembly.

From the MSDN document, I can not find too much use. Could anyone
share some experiences please?

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...42(vs.80).aspx

thanks in advance,
George

Ian Collins

> Hello everyone,
>

> For a native unmanaged C/C++ Application/DLL/static lib, are there any
> practical usage of manifest file? If I am not building .NET Assembly.

This isn't a C++ question, try a .net or windows programming group.

--
Ian Collins.

Jack Klein

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:20:59 -0800 (PST), (E-Mail Removed) wrote in
comp.lang.c++:

> Hello everyone,
>

> For a native unmanaged C/C++ Application/DLL/static lib, are there any

C++ does not have any of "unmanaged", "DLL", "static lib", or "C/C++",
for that matter.

> practical usage of manifest file? If I am not building .NET Assembly.

C++ does not have any thing called a "manifest file".

> From the MSDN document, I can not find too much use. Could anyone
> share some experiences please?
>
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...42(vs.80).aspx

All the things you are asking about are not part of the C++ language,
but system specific extensions (and/or perversions) added by Microsoft
and specific to Windows.

They have no meaning here, you need to ask about them on a Windows
programming group like news:comp.os.windows.programmer.win32, or one
of Microsoft's support groups in the news:microsoft.public.* family.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com