Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Advise on unified Thread Managment - security hardware appliance

Advise on unified Thread Managment - security hardware appliance

Sanal Kisi

Hello,

I am looking for a product that would provide our campus a list of
gateway security services on our internet connection.

We have a campus with well over 2000PC's and 5000 users, all fed by a
single ATM connection through a Cisco 3825. I am looking for a
hardware appliance that would provide us IPS, firewall, NAT,
URL-filtering, anti-virus, and anti-spam services, together with the
ability to be expanded if the PC's and users increase to 4000 and 8000
respectively.

So far I have studied Fortigate products, but I feel the need to see
some alternatives/rivals to them.

Thanks in advance.

Iris

Check out www.cymphonix.com
Quotes are free

"Sanal Kisi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a product that would provide our campus a list of
> gateway security services on our internet connection.
>
> We have a campus with well over 2000PC's and 5000 users, all fed by a
> single ATM connection through a Cisco 3825. I am looking for a
> hardware appliance that would provide us IPS, firewall, NAT,
> URL-filtering, anti-virus, and anti-spam services, together with the
> ability to be expanded if the PC's and users increase to 4000 and 8000
> respectively.
>
> So far I have studied Fortigate products, but I feel the need to see
> some alternatives/rivals to them.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a product that would provide our campus a list of
> gateway security services on our internet connection.
>
> We have a campus with well over 2000PC's and 5000 users, all fed by a
> single ATM connection through a Cisco 3825. I am looking for a
> hardware appliance that would provide us IPS, firewall, NAT,
> URL-filtering, anti-virus, and anti-spam services, together with the
> ability to be expanded if the PC's and users increase to 4000 and 8000
> respectively.
>
> So far I have studied Fortigate products, but I feel the need to see
> some alternatives/rivals to them.
>
> Thanks in advance.

WatchGuard Firewalls, and get two of them for load balancing and fail
over. www.watchguard.com.

--

Leythos - (E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)

Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like PCBUTTS 1.COM
that create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a
look at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
http://forums.speedguide.net/archive.../t-223485.html all exposed
'exposed to kids'.