Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Release timeframe for SilverLight 1.1 ?

Release timeframe for SilverLight 1.1 ?

sloan

I know this has probably been asked before, but I googled and searched old
newsgroup posts trying to find something.
I searched silverlight.net as well.

Is there any kind of ballpark release timeframe for SilverLight 1.1?

I know everybody is getting excited about it, and I'm pushing it here at
work. But (of course) my managers want to know "When will it be
non-alpha?".

I don't need an exact date, and I'm not going to scream it the release date
is a little off. I just need a ballpark timeframe.

I realize this is new, cool, powerful stuff ( the mini CRL running in the
browser ).....so maybe there isn't a date.

Thanks.

PS
If you're going to answer with a guess or "I think I read one time", that's
cool...., just please label it as such.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Based on the activity around 1.1, I would assume they are attempting a
February 2008 release, to coincide with the official Visual Studio 2008
release. If not then, it should be within the few months after.

These are guesses, but I am basing it on history of what I have noticed with
MS releases.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

| Think outside the box!

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

MCP - timeframe for MCP ID Paul MCDST 1 02-11-2008 04:25 PM
MCAD preparation Timeframe prakash437@gmail.com MCAD 2 09-07-2006 11:51 AM
Exam Timeframe sreeni243 MCDST 1 09-15-2005 07:01 PM
Canon G6 Successor...any idea on timeframe or specs? Bob Hayden Digital Photography 3 03-12-2005 07:32 AM
Timeframe Balajee Nagarajan MCSD 2 07-28-2003 03:40 AM

Advertisments