Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't Access Computers on Home Network

Can't Access Computers on Home Network

=?Utf-8?B?ZGdmaXR6?=

I used the XP Network Wizard to put 4 computers on a home network. After
completing the process, I can see some of the computers from some of the
other computers on an inconsistent basis (sometimes 2 computers will be
visible from computer "A", other times 1 or 3 will be visible. All of the
computers have Norton Antivirus and several have ZoneAlarm. As a test, I
have made one folder sharable on each system. Whenever I look at computers
on the newtork and click on one (to see it's shared folder) I get the
following message (no matter which of the 4 computers I'm on): " \\Computer
X is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network
resource. Contact the administrator of the server to find out if you have
access permission. The network path was not found." (Computer "X" can be
any of the 4 computers.) I am the only user on each of the 4 computers. I
assume I am the administrator. I have tried turning off firewalls, antivirus
protection and Zone Alarm. The sysems otherwise function properly, i.e., can
access the internet, etc.

Jack

Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html