Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > display message in vhdl

display message in vhdl

bedrr bedrr is offline
Junior Member
Location: morocco

I have a testbench, in wich i have to send values to inputs of a DUT and recuperate its output and display it wich a process.
my question is that there is a process wich counts the numbers of clock cycles and I have to display a signal value with the exact clock cycle.
the process is :

P1: process(CLOCK)
begin
IF (CLOCK'event AND CLOCK = '0' ) THEN
count <= count +1;
stopwatch <= stopwatch+20;
END IF;
end process P1;
and the display is

Pr: process(count)
begin
if (count < RST_COUNT) and ((count mod 20) = 0) then
report " SIMULATION RESET ACTIVE STATE ... AT CLOCK EDGE : "
& count
severity note;
end if;

end process Pr;
when i compile this, it shows me the error :
ncvhdl_p: *E,OPTYMM (/vobs/MPU_RTLIP/t1xp_z160/generic/bist_ctrl.vhd,121|65): operator argument type mismatch
it means the line : report " SIMULATION RESET ACTIVE STATE ... AT CLOCK EDGE : " & count
the error is about &count.
Do you know how to help me in this ?
thnx

scottcarl scottcarl is offline
Member
Location: USA

bedrr,

The -& count- statement must be turned into a string before it can be reported. Such as EDGE:" & to_string(count) . This also implies that you have the correct library called out that contains the to_string library.

Scott

bedrr bedrr is offline
Junior Member
Location: morocco

thanks scott,
during my research with my colleagues i found the solution :
it is to put an image like :
& integer'image(count) this implies a display of the current value inside the message to display.
bedr

Display a picture for say 5 seconds and then display a message. Mufasa ASP .Net 6 07-26-2007 11:09 PM
VHDL 2002 vs VHDL 1993 dude VHDL 1 03-23-2006 01:18 PM
multiD-vhdl: Multi Dimensional Arrays (allowing generics on each dimension) for VHDL (including ports) albert.neu@gmail.com VHDL 2 03-21-2006 04:05 PM
what's the difference between VHDL 93 CONCATENATION and VHDL 87 CONCATENATION? walala VHDL 3 09-18-2003 04:17 AM

Advertisments