Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MAPP Gas For House Plumbing Soldering ?

MAPP Gas For House Plumbing Soldering ?

Robert11

Hello,

Guess this dates me, but when I did a fair amount of house plumbing, there
was pretty much
only the Propane type of torches.

I see now at Home Depot, that they apparently sell a lot of MAPP torches for
this purpose.

So, may I please ask:

a. which is more popular now for occasional house use to run a new line,
repair a leak, etc. ?

b. With MAPP, does one still have to "completely" drain the line of any
water first ?
If so, "fully" drain ?

c. MAPP more expensive ?

d. Pros and cons, etc.