Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > microsoft .net framework

microsoft .net framework

r_dusan

i have 5 microsoft .net framework (1.1, 1.1 hotfix, 2.0 , 3.0
3.5)versions instaled in my notebook ... do i need eny of them and wha
is it for?!
please help, they takes almoust 1 giga of mem

--
r_dusa
r_dusan's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=3577

http://forums.techarena.i

Theo

As to whether you need them all or not I don't have answer.
But a lot of programs do require Microsoft .NET, so you
probably do need at least some of them.

r_dusan wrote:
> i have 5 microsoft .net framework (1.1, 1.1 hotfix, 2.0 , 3.0 ,
> 3.5)versions instaled in my notebook ... do i need eny of them and what
> is it for?!
> please help, they takes almoust 1 giga of mem.

Mike Douglas

Hi. Some applications need the .NET framwork installed to run properly. ALso
..NET framework is required to be installed for programmers to create code for
applications. If you feel you do not need these you I would do the following:

1. Uninstall .NET 3.5, reboot, test your programs to make sure all works ok.
2. Uninstall .NET 3.0, reboot, test you programs to make sure all works ok.
3. Uninstall .NET 2.0, reboot, test your programs to make sure they work.
4. Uninstall all .NET 1.1 stuff, reboot, test your programs.
5. If you see some programs do not work usually they will tell you which
version of the .NET framework it needs to run.
Hope this helps
Mike D