Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ASA5505 base license - only 10 users?

ASA5505 base license - only 10 users?

dave

I've just purchased a new ASA 5505 with a base license only. I'm
planning on configuring and installing in a client's 10-20 user small
office. Am I correct in seeing that this box will only allow 10
simultaneous Internet connections? Here is a 'show ver':

Licensed features for this platform:
Maximum Physical Interfaces : 8
VLANs : 3, DMZ Restricted
Inside Hosts : 10
Failover : Disabled
VPN-DES : Enabled
VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled
VPN Peers : 10
WebVPN Peers : 2
Dual ISPs : Disabled
VLAN Trunk Ports : 0

This platform has a Base license.

I'm a little confused because I installed a PIX501 a while back for
another client and they have unlimited. I appreciate your time and
any help you can provide.

CK

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...omparison.html
Go through the above link ..

As per4 my understanding .
Inside Hosts : can be unlimited
VPN Peers : will be 10 only..

Means only 10 remote users or site to site connection can be made at a
time.
Inside user can be unlimited , maximum connections passing through is
3000 per second..

Rgds.. CK
Rate if helped

Doug McIntyre

dave <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I've just purchased a new ASA 5505 with a base license only. I'm
>planning on configuring and installing in a client's 10-20 user small
>office. Am I correct in seeing that this box will only allow 10
>simultaneous Internet connections? Here is a 'show ver':

>Licensed features for this platform:
>Maximum Physical Interfaces : 8
>VLANs : 3, DMZ Restricted
>Inside Hosts : 10
>Failover : Disabled
>VPN-DES : Enabled
>VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled
>VPN Peers : 10
>WebVPN Peers : 2
>Dual ISPs : Disabled
>VLAN Trunk Ports : 0

>This platform has a Base license.

Yes, you appear to have bought a 10-user bundle.

Base license refers to other licensable item (ie. security == VPN peers).

Ie. the first three here are "base license". The 4th one is the security+

ASA5505-BUN-K9 = 10 user bundle
ASA5505-50-BUN-K9 = 50 user bundle
ASA5505-UL-BUN-K9 = Unlimited user bundle

ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9 = Unlimited user bundle, Security Plus, 25 VPN peers,etc.

>I'm a little confused because I installed a PIX501 a while back for
>another client and they have unlimited. I appreciate your time and
>any help you can provide.

PIX501 came in the same increments. You must have bought an unlimited
user bundle then..

PIX-501 = 10 user bundle
PIX-501-BUN-K9 = 10 user bundle with 3DES license
PIX-501-50-BUN-K9 = 50 user bundle with 3DES license
PIX-501-UL-BUN-K9 = Unlimited User bundle with 3DES license.

Are the part numbers you likely dealt with.

Helge Olav Helgesen

Hello Dave,

> I've just purchased a new ASA 5505 with a base license only. I'm
> planning on configuring and installing in a client's 10-20 user small
> office. Am I correct in seeing that this box will only allow 10
> simultaneous Internet connections? Here is a 'show ver':

Yep. You can have 10 concurrent IP addresses accessing the Internet. Remember
that your printers can be configured without a default gateway and still
work in the office.

> Inside Hosts : 10

---
Helge Olav Helgesen
http://www.helge.ne

ASA5505 not passing inbound TCP traffic (what am I missing)? del@hilber.net Cisco 6 08-29-2007 02:12 PM
ASA5505 and SDSL hinka Cisco 0 05-03-2007 02:34 PM
Request for a downgrade from x64 OEM license to 32-bit OEM license =?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW15IFdvbmcg6buD5rOT6YeP?= Windows 64bit 58 09-22-2005 11:33 PM
What license to choose for Python programs? (PSF License vs. GPL/LGPL) Volker Grabsch Python 2 07-25-2005 12:06 PM
Pix 501 VPN License Issue - Not freeing License Jens Haase Cisco 1 01-29-2004 08:29 PM

Advertisments