Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > A constructor calling another constructor (default constructor)?

A constructor calling another constructor (default constructor)?

robertwessel2@yahoo.com

On Nov 27, 9:25 pm, "Alf P. Steinbach" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> But then there is a more subtle UB argument which would apply more
> generally (even for the case of an empty class such as the example code)
> namely that by completing execution of two constructors of class T for
> the same memory region, two objects have been created in the same memory
> region. And the argument has been put forward that this is illegal for
> non-POD classes, but I haven't seen this backed up by references to the
> standard.

I also started thinking about the non-POD member case after I wrote
that. At the very least running the placement new hack would run the
member constructors twice, which might be harmless in some cases, but
certainly has the potential for odd results in others.