Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Preloading images in a MasterPage

Preloading images in a MasterPage

Charlie@CBFC

Hi:

Before MasterPage, I preloaded images for rollovers in HEAD section no
problem. Doesn't seem to work with MasterPage. Using same code, images
never load. Always pulled from disk. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Charlie

Alexey Smirnov

On Nov 27, 1:26 pm, "Charlie@CBFC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Before MasterPage, I preloaded images for rollovers in HEAD section no
> problem. Doesn't seem to work with MasterPage. Using same code, images
> never load. Always pulled from disk. Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks,
> Charlie

Post the code here, please.

Charlie@CBFC

Thanks for responding. Here is the HEAD section...

<head>

<title>CBF Consulting LLC</title>
name="vs_targetSchema">

<script>
if (document.images)
{
CustomerVehicleSmallOver = new Image();
CustomerVehicleSmallOver.src =
"Images/CustomerVehicleSmallOver.jpg";

HistorySmallOver = new Image();
HistorySmallOver.src = "Images/HistorySmallOver.jpg";

PartsEditorSmallOver = new Image();
PartsEditorSmallOver.src = "Images/PartsEditorSmallOver.jpg";

InvoiceSmallOver = new Image();
InvoiceSmallOver.src = "Images/InvoiceSmallOver.jpg";

AboutMeOver = new Image();
AboutMeOver.src = "TabImages/AboutMeOver.jpg";

CustomSoftwareOver = new Image();
CustomSoftwareOver.src = "TabImages/CustomSoftwareOver.jpg";

ECommerceOver = new Image();
ECommerceOver.src = "TabImages/ECommerceOver.jpg";

WebSitesOver.jpg = new Image();
WebSitesOver.jpg.src = "TabImages/WebSitesOver.jpg";

AutoPOSover = new Image();
AutoPOSover.src = "TabImages/AutoPOSover.jpg";

ContactMeOver.jpg = new Image();
ContactMeOver.jpg.src = "TabImages/ContactMeOver.jpg";

}
</script>

</head>
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Nov 27, 1:26 pm, "Charlie@CBFC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> Before MasterPage, I preloaded images for rollovers in HEAD section no
>> problem. Doesn't seem to work with MasterPage. Using same code, images
>> never load. Always pulled from disk. Am I missing something?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Charlie

> Post the code here, please.

Charlie@CBFC

My fault. Early morning syntax errors. Mind can play tricks on ya!

"Charlie@CBFC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for responding. Here is the HEAD section...
>
> <head>
>
> <title>CBF Consulting LLC</title>
> name="vs_targetSchema">
>
> <script>
> if (document.images)
> {
> CustomerVehicleSmallOver = new Image();
> CustomerVehicleSmallOver.src =
> "Images/CustomerVehicleSmallOver.jpg";
>
> HistorySmallOver = new Image();
> HistorySmallOver.src = "Images/HistorySmallOver.jpg";
>
> PartsEditorSmallOver = new Image();
> PartsEditorSmallOver.src = "Images/PartsEditorSmallOver.jpg";
>
> InvoiceSmallOver = new Image();
> InvoiceSmallOver.src = "Images/InvoiceSmallOver.jpg";
>
> AboutMeOver = new Image();
> AboutMeOver.src = "TabImages/AboutMeOver.jpg";
>
> CustomSoftwareOver = new Image();
> CustomSoftwareOver.src = "TabImages/CustomSoftwareOver.jpg";
>
> ECommerceOver = new Image();
> ECommerceOver.src = "TabImages/ECommerceOver.jpg";
>
> WebSitesOver.jpg = new Image();
> WebSitesOver.jpg.src = "TabImages/WebSitesOver.jpg";
>
> AutoPOSover = new Image();
> AutoPOSover.src = "TabImages/AutoPOSover.jpg";
>
> ContactMeOver.jpg = new Image();
> ContactMeOver.jpg.src = "TabImages/ContactMeOver.jpg";
>
> }
> </script>
>
> </head>
> "Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Nov 27, 1:26 pm, "Charlie@CBFC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> Before MasterPage, I preloaded images for rollovers in HEAD section no
>>> problem. Doesn't seem to work with MasterPage. Using same code, images
>>> never load. Always pulled from disk. Am I missing something?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Charlie

>> Post the code here, please.

Alexey Smirnov

On Nov 27, 6:08 pm, "Charlie@CBFC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My fault. Early morning syntax errors. Mind can play tricks on ya!
>
> "Charlie@CBFC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > Thanks for responding. Here is the HEAD section...

> > <head>

> > <title>CBF Consulting LLC</title>
> > name="vs_targetSchema">

> > <script>
> > if (document.images)
> > {
> > CustomerVehicleSmallOver = new Image();
> > CustomerVehicleSmallOver.src =
> > "Images/CustomerVehicleSmallOver.jpg";

> > HistorySmallOver = new Image();
> > HistorySmallOver.src = "Images/HistorySmallOver.jpg";

> > PartsEditorSmallOver = new Image();
> > PartsEditorSmallOver.src = "Images/PartsEditorSmallOver.jpg";

> > InvoiceSmallOver = new Image();
> > InvoiceSmallOver.src = "Images/InvoiceSmallOver.jpg";

> > AboutMeOver = new Image();
> > AboutMeOver.src = "TabImages/AboutMeOver.jpg";

> > CustomSoftwareOver = new Image();
> > CustomSoftwareOver.src = "TabImages/CustomSoftwareOver.jpg";

> > ECommerceOver = new Image();
> > ECommerceOver.src = "TabImages/ECommerceOver.jpg";

> > WebSitesOver.jpg = new Image();
> > WebSitesOver.jpg.src = "TabImages/WebSitesOver.jpg";

> > AutoPOSover = new Image();
> > AutoPOSover.src = "TabImages/AutoPOSover.jpg";

> > ContactMeOver.jpg = new Image();
> > ContactMeOver.jpg.src = "TabImages/ContactMeOver.jpg";

> > }
> > </script>

> > </head>
> > "Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Post the code here, please.- Hide quoted text -

glad it works for you

Preloading Images Miro ASP .Net 4 10-23-2009 06:57 PM
Preloading Images with Java Applet fergus.ryder@sita.aero Java 1 11-13-2006 07:42 PM
Preloading Images into Javascript variables =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsIFdlbGxlc2xleQ==?= ASP .Net 0 08-07-2004 08:03 AM
Preloading Images into Javascript variables =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsIFdlbGxlc2xleQ==?= ASP .Net 0 08-04-2004 03:15 AM
Preloading images? Fabian Javascript 22 10-26-2003 10:23 AM

Advertisments