Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Nest table in table invisibly

Re: Nest table in table invisibly

Blinky the Shark

Harlan Messinger wrote:
>> On 26 Nov, 23:37, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> --
>>> dorayme

>> RIGHT, I thought it was only a matter of time before I got this kind
>> of 'help'.

<snip>

>> Tell me the answer

> For your information, I had written an answer above but, once I saw
> these last four words, and took into additional consideration your sneer
> at dorayme's 'help' above, I deleted it. Who do you think you are?

Just another Google Grouper.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

bob_jeffcoat@hotmail.com

On 27 Nov, 06:11, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Harlan Messinger wrote:
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> >> RIGHT, I thought it was only a matter of time before I got this kind
> >> of 'help'.

> <snip>
>
> >> Tell me the answer

> > For your information, I had written an answer above but, once I saw
> > these last four words, and took into additional consideration your sneer
> > at dorayme's 'help' above, I deleted it. Who do you think you are?

> Just another Google Grouper.
>
> --
> Blinky
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project -http://improve-usenet.org

yo,
I think I'm someone who it is very important that you help, thank you
very much.

Now, about that answer, it isn't that I've given up on css it's just
that I thought you could achive everything with inline css. Once I've
got that working I'll stick it in a css, it seems simpler to mess
about with inline css.

Unfortunately I think the answer is that firefox just happens to draw
it as I want and IE doesn't and that is that.

Thanks for your help

Jonathan N. Little

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On 27 Nov, 06:11, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Harlan Messinger wrote:

>> <snip>

>>> For your information, I had written an answer above but, once I saw
>>> these last four words, and took into additional consideration your sneer
>>> at dorayme's 'help' above, I deleted it. Who do you think you are?

>> Just another Google Grouper.
>>
>> --
>> Blinky
>> Killing all posts from Google Groups
>> The Usenet Improvement Project -http://improve-usenet.org

> yo,
> I think I'm someone who it is very important that you help, thank you
> very much.

Well actually...no. Why? None of us work for you. We are not obligated
to help you and this is not a help desk.

> Now, about that answer, it isn't that I've given up on css it's just
> that I thought you could achive everything with inline css. Once I've
> got that working I'll stick it in a css, it seems simpler to mess
> about with inline css.
>
> Unfortunately I think the answer is that firefox just happens to draw
> it as I want and IE doesn't and that is that.

No mostly you haven't a clue about what you are doing and it quite
evident in your markup. BTW it is possible, here with your markup
cleaned up a bit.

<head>

<title>Possible</title>

table { border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0; border:0; padding:
0; margin: 0;}
td,th { border: 2px solid #000; padding: 0 .25em; }
td.container { border: 0; padding: 0; }
td table { border: 0; }

</head>

I'll send you my bill, and your address is?

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO