Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Computer to Computer Video teleconferencing software with encryption

Computer to Computer Video teleconferencing software with encryption

john.f.klein@gmail.com

I want to be able to contact my wife via video teleconferencing and
see
and talk to her and our new baby.

For this purpose, I need software and hardware that can allow me to do
with secure and privacy.

As soon we talk of video, anyone, from the ISP to anyone who can
snoop,
record and store the content for any latter mischief can work on it
according
to their leisure.

For this purpose, I am looking for open source programs that can be
used
to pipe the content.

Here are some ideas:

First, one can use netcat to write packet to any IP. The two people at
the
end of the two computers know each other's IP, so they can write
packets
to each others IP using netcat.

The video and audio content has to be converted to an optimum format
and
sent to each other in packets. A good compression, like VOIP is needed
so
that it is as close to real time as possible, and video can be
optional.

Also a capability to record the conversation is needed.

The encryption scheme needed is very important. For example, we know
that many shared key (like PGP) are poorly understood and possibly
have
a backdoor. What about dictionary based encryption ?

Here is the pipe flow

audio/video signal | VOIP type compression | more compression like
arithmetic compression ? | encryption | netcat ---> listener on the
other computer to reverse all these.

I would appreciate if one can pack these programs or modules and
compile them.

There is no need to use skype with this.

John Klein

john.f.klein@gmail.com

Is there any relevant group where I should post this question ?

On Nov 26, 3:08 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I want to be able to contact my wife via video teleconferencing and
> see
> and talk to her and our new baby.
>
> For this purpose, I need software and hardware that can allow me to do
> with secure and privacy.
>
> As soon we talk of video, anyone, from the ISP to anyone who can
> snoop,
> record and store the content for any latter mischief can work on it
> according
> to their leisure.
>
> For this purpose, I am looking for open source programs that can be
> used
> to pipe the content.
>
> Here are some ideas:
>
> First, one can use netcat to write packet to any IP. The two people at
> the
> end of the two computers know each other's IP, so they can write
> packets
> to each others IP using netcat.
>
> The video and audio content has to be converted to an optimum format
> and
> sent to each other in packets. A good compression, like VOIP is needed
> so
> that it is as close to real time as possible, and video can be
> optional.
>
> Also a capability to record the conversation is needed.
>
> The encryption scheme needed is very important. For example, we know
> that many shared key (like PGP) are poorly understood and possibly
> have
> a backdoor. What about dictionary based encryption ?
>
> Here is the pipe flow
>
> audio/video signal | VOIP type compression | more compression like
> arithmetic compression ? | encryption | netcat ---> listener on the
> other computer to reverse all these.
>
> I would appreciate if one can pack these programs or modules and
> compile them.
>
> There is no need to use skype with this.
>
> John Klein

red floyd

> Is there any relevant group where I should post this question ?
>
> [video conf redacted]

Not in comp.lang.c++, gnu.emacs.help, or comp.unix shell.

Ioannis Gyftos

> audio/video signal | VOIP type compression | more compression like
> arithmetic compression ? | encryption | netcat ---> listener on the
> other computer to reverse all these.
>
> I would appreciate if one can pack these programs or modules and
> compile them.

Seriously, troll?