Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Add problem in ASP.Net 2.0 webpage

Add problem in ASP.Net 2.0 webpage

B. Chernick

I had what I thought was an intermittent add problem in VB/ASP.Net 2.0. The
web page was not always adding records, but there was no visible crash or
error message. After some trial and error it appeared that a record would not
add unless I do an actual click on the calendar control. After some more
trial and error I found that setting the SelectedDate in the DataBound event
seemed to fix it.

Anyone else have a problem like this? (What I'd really like to know is how
an Add could fail without some sort of error message.)

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Your post is far too generic to be able to tell what's going on. What are we
adding, and how does a Calendar control come into the picture?
-- Peter
"Inside every large program, there is a small program trying to get out."
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
http://www.blogmetafinder.com

"B. Chernick" wrote:

> I had what I thought was an intermittent add problem in VB/ASP.Net 2.0. The
> web page was not always adding records, but there was no visible crash or
> error message. After some trial and error it appeared that a record would not
> add unless I do an actual click on the calendar control. After some more
> trial and error I found that setting the SelectedDate in the DataBound event
> seemed to fix it.
>
> Anyone else have a problem like this? (What I'd really like to know is how
> an Add could fail without some sort of error message.)

B. Chernick

My apologies. I have a detailsview control on a web page. When the webpage
is called with a parameter of -1 on the key field, the detailsview goes into
insert mode. The calendar is bound to one of the fields. The coding itself
is minimal. I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible. All of this is
bound to a fairly generic xsd.