Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Show layer and disable clicking other body elements

Show layer and disable clicking other body elements

Chris

Using css how do I get a layer to stack on top of the rest of the
body's content so the web page user can't interact with any other
elements/links on the page but that layer?

My web page

I can't click on any links while the layer is active

|----------------------------------------|
| Layer |
|----------------------------------------|

Cheers,

Chris

kailash nadh

On Nov 26, 6:34 pm, Chris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Using css how do I get a layer to stack on top of the rest of the
> body's content so the web page user can't interact with any other
> elements/links on the page but that layer?
>
> ************************************************** ***************
> My web page
>
> I can't click on any links while the layer is active
>
> |----------------------------------------|
> | Layer |
> |----------------------------------------|
>
> ************************************************** ****************
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

A position:absolute layer on top of all other layers (right after the
everything up.
http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_position.asp

Kailash Nadh | http://kailashnadh.name

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Chris wrote:

> Using css how do I get a layer to stack on top of the rest of the
> body's content so the web page user can't interact with any other
> elements/links on the page but that layer?

Would you care to explain the reason for wanting that, please?

--
-bts