Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Windows Domain login via wireless + PEAP

Windows Domain login via wireless + PEAP

BG

I am trying to do the following

Log into a windows domain via the wireless network. Using PEAP/AES.

I have the following

Windows Laptop with a Cisco ABG PC card wireless card. I am using all the
latest driver for the card/firmware/ADU. I can not get the laptop to log
into the wireless network before logging into the workstation. I can log
into the workstation and then successfully pass my windows credentials to
single sign on to the laptop/network, but I need the wireless auth to take
place before the windows auth.

I can get the above described senario to work using LEAP and all
documentation I have found leads to LEAP implementations of this, but to
this point I have not been able to find any documentation that this can be
done with PEAP on a cisco client card.

I also have the above senario working on a client that is using an Intel
wireless card.

Just wondering if anyone else had the following issue or a working model

Regards,
Barry

Erik Tamminga

Have you enabled machine-authentication on both the client side and on the
authenticator side?
You need to allow the computer-account to authenticate succesfully as well
as the user-account.
What authenticator are you using? Cisco ACS, Windows IAS, ...

Erik

"BG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dt2gk4$qeo$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to do the following
>
> Log into a windows domain via the wireless network. Using PEAP/AES.
>
> I have the following
>
> Windows Laptop with a Cisco ABG PC card wireless card. I am using all the
> latest driver for the card/firmware/ADU. I can not get the laptop to log
> into the wireless network before logging into the workstation. I can log
> into the workstation and then successfully pass my windows credentials to
> single sign on to the laptop/network, but I need the wireless auth to take
> place before the windows auth.
>
> I can get the above described senario to work using LEAP and all
> documentation I have found leads to LEAP implementations of this, but to
> this point I have not been able to find any documentation that this can be
> done with PEAP on a cisco client card.
>
> I also have the above senario working on a client that is using an Intel
> wireless card.
>
> Just wondering if anyone else had the following issue or a working model
>
> Regards,
> Barry

BG

I didn't, but I do now with the same results. From what I read with a LEAP
settup the Cisco login box should pop up before I log into the workstation.
That isn't happening. Maybe it will work without the Novell client?

Couple things I left out

Cisco ACS
using MSCHAPv2
Novell Client installed

news:dt30s1$heh$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...