Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird disappears from Taskbar.

Thunderbird disappears from Taskbar.

Dan C

Say I am typing a message, OR I am reading messages in
folders cursor locks up, for a number of seconds 10 to 30
probably, when it again becomes responsive, oft times, TB
has disappeared from tool bar. I either can click on
envelope (mail arrival symbol) if present, and TB again
appears in tool bar. Or I have to click on icon in the
quick start on far left of tool bar.

When this disappearing act occurs, TB is still present and
active in taskmanager.

Anyone else notice this? What to do to correct?

TIA,

Dan C

Justin

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote on [Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:26:10 -0800]:
> Dan C wrote:
>> Say I am typing a message, OR I am reading messages in
>> folders cursor locks up, for a number of seconds 10 to 30
>> probably, when it again becomes responsive, oft times, TB
>> has disappeared from tool bar. I either can click on
>> envelope (mail arrival symbol) if present, and TB again
>> appears in tool bar. Or I have to click on icon in the
>> quick start on far left of tool bar.
>>
>> When this disappearing act occurs, TB is still present and
>> active in taskmanager.
>>
>> Anyone else notice this? What to do to correct?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Dan C

> can you tab+alt to get to TB instead. If its disappearing
> like that from the task bar, then its more of a windows
> problem than a TB one.

When this happens, alt-tab works and it reappears on the task bar.

Same thing happens with Firefox.

Dan C wrote:
> Say I am typing a message, OR I am reading messages in
> folders cursor locks up, for a number of seconds 10 to 30
> probably, when it again becomes responsive, oft times, TB
> has disappeared from tool bar. I either can click on
> envelope (mail arrival symbol) if present, and TB again
> appears in tool bar. Or I have to click on icon in the
> quick start on far left of tool bar.
>
> When this disappearing act occurs, TB is still present and
> active in taskmanager.
>
> Anyone else notice this? What to do to correct?
>
> TIA,
>
> Dan C

can you tab+alt to get to TB instead. If its disappearing
like that from the task bar, then its more of a windows
problem than a TB one.

disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Dan C

Justin wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote on [Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:26:10 -0800]:
>> Dan C wrote:
>>> Say I am typing a message, OR I am reading messages in
>>> folders cursor locks up, for a number of seconds 10 to 30
>>> probably, when it again becomes responsive, oft times, TB
>>> has disappeared from tool bar. I either can click on
>>> envelope (mail arrival symbol) if present, and TB again
>>> appears in tool bar. Or I have to click on icon in the
>>> quick start on far left of tool bar.
>>>
>>> When this disappearing act occurs, TB is still present and
>>> active in taskmanager.
>>>
>>> Anyone else notice this? What to do to correct?
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>>
>>> Dan C

>> can you tab+alt to get to TB instead. If its disappearing
>> like that from the task bar, then its more of a windows
>> problem than a TB one.

> When this happens, alt-tab works and it reappears on the task bar.
>
> Same thing happens with Firefox.

Yes, I have noticed it with Firefox occasionally. Does
anyone know why? Is this a bug?

Thanks for the response to you and Peter.

Dan

Dan C wrote:
> Justin wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote on [Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:26:10 -0800]:

>>> can you tab+alt to get to TB instead. If its disappearing
>>> like that from the task bar, then its more of a windows
>>> problem than a TB one.

>> When this happens, alt-tab works and it reappears on the task bar.
>>
>> Same thing happens with Firefox.

> Yes, I have noticed it with Firefox occasionally. Does
> anyone know why? Is this a bug?
>
> Thanks for the response to you and Peter.
>
> Dan

you can search bugzilla: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/, but
as I said, it sounds more of a windows quandary than a
problem with the program.