Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Desktop can see Laptop, but Laptop can't see Desktop!

Plomaris

I have a simple Wireless network with a Desktop PC connected to a Linksys
WRT54G Router, which is in turn connected to a Motorola SB5120 Cable Modem.
I also have a laptop which is set up on a domain for my work. Both PCs
connect to the Internet perfectly. The desktop can also see the laptop and
view/change files on it. The laptop, however, can't see the desktop at all.

I made sure the workgroup on the PC is the same as the domain on the laptop
and I have set up a user on the laptop the same as the user on the desktop.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the laptop to "see" the desktop?

Thanks.

__spc__

"Plomaris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a simple Wireless network with a Desktop PC connected to a Linksys
>WRT54G Router, which is in turn connected to a Motorola SB5120 Cable Modem.
>I also have a laptop which is set up on a domain for my work. Both PCs
>connect to the Internet perfectly. The desktop can also see the laptop and
>view/change files on it. The laptop, however, can't see the desktop at
>all.
>
> I made sure the workgroup on the PC is the same as the domain on the
> laptop and I have set up a user on the laptop the same as the user on the
> desktop.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the laptop to "see" the desktop?
>
> Thanks.

XP firewall...

Jack

Hi
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"__spc__" <s p a m t i m e @ n t l w o r l d . c o m> wrote in message
news:Hr5Jf.65731$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Plomaris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have a simple Wireless network with a Desktop PC connected to a Linksys
>>WRT54G Router, which is in turn connected to a Motorola SB5120 Cable
>>Modem. I also have a laptop which is set up on a domain for my work. Both
>>PCs connect to the Internet perfectly. The desktop can also see the
>>laptop and view/change files on it. The laptop, however, can't see the
>>desktop at all.
>>
>> I made sure the workgroup on the PC is the same as the domain on the
>> laptop and I have set up a user on the laptop the same as the user on the
>> desktop.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the laptop to "see" the desktop?
>>
>> Thanks.

> XP firewall...

Plomaris

Thanks! That worked!