Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > How tell T-bird a daily e-mail news digest is NOT a scam

How tell T-bird a daily e-mail news digest is NOT a scam

kaplan3jiim@example.com

I'm using Thunderbird 1.5.0.13. The last update was several months
ago, but beginning about two weeks ago every day when I get an e-mail
digest from the Chicago Tribune, it warns me that it things "this is a
scam". I keep telling it no, but each day the same message pops up
above the e-mail. The sender address is always the same; I don't have
a past message, but the "reply to" address has some additional numbers
in it and may change daily.

Is there any way to permanently convince Thunderbird this message is
not a scam?

TIA

Jim

yogi22

On Nov 26, 10:36 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I'm using Thunderbird 1.5.0.13. The last update was several months
> ago, but beginning about two weeks ago every day when I get an e-mail
> digest from the Chicago Tribune, it warns me that it things "this is a
> scam". I keep telling it no, but each day the same message pops up
> above the e-mail. The sender address is always the same; I don't have
> a past message, but the "reply to" address has some additional numbers
> in it and may change daily.
>
> Is there any way to permanently convince Thunderbird this message is
> not a scam?
>
> TIA
>
> Jim

Tools > Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Tell me if the message I'm
reading is a suspected email scam"

This will disable this "feature" from all messages received. However,
I found, like you, that this "feature" gave lots of false positives,
but missed the very few Nigerian scams that still occasionally make it
past my ISP's filters. IOW, I think this "feature" is a PITA
kk

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

yogi22 wrote:
> On Nov 26, 10:36 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I'm using Thunderbird 1.5.0.13. The last update was several months
>> ago, but beginning about two weeks ago every day when I get an e-mail
>> digest from the Chicago Tribune, it warns me that it things "this is a
>> scam". I keep telling it no, but each day the same message pops up
>> above the e-mail. The sender address is always the same; I don't have
>> a past message, but the "reply to" address has some additional numbers
>> in it and may change daily.
>>
>> Is there any way to permanently convince Thunderbird this message is
>> not a scam?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Jim

> Tools > Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Tell me if the message I'm
> reading is a suspected email scam"
>
> This will disable this "feature" from all messages received. However,
> I found, like you, that this "feature" gave lots of false positives,
> but missed the very few Nigerian scams that still occasionally make it
> past my ISP's filters. IOW, I think this "feature" is a PITA
> kk

unfortunately, the scam feature is not trainable [yet] like
the junk filters are.

disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm