Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > pix device manager ARGH!!!!!

pix device manager ARGH!!!!!

askmeforit@nunya.com

Everyone I ask, and every site I look for help on says:
" I suggest you go to the cisco website and download PIX Device
Manager (PDM). It is a free download for cisco PIX firewall."

ARGH!!!!! I CAN'T FIND THIS ANYWHERE ON CISCO SITE.. EVEN THOUGH I'VE
LOGGED ON.

Sorry for 'yelling' but this is driving me insane!

Can SOMEONE PLEASE give me a URL to the PDM download???

THANKS!

Matt

mcaissie

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pix

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Everyone I ask, and every site I look for help on says:
> " I suggest you go to the cisco website and download PIX Device
> Manager (PDM). It is a free download for cisco PIX firewall."
>

> ARGH!!!!! I CAN'T FIND THIS ANYWHERE ON CISCO SITE.. EVEN THOUGH I'VE
> LOGGED ON.
>
> Sorry for 'yelling' but this is driving me insane!
>
> Can SOMEONE PLEASE give me a URL to the PDM download???
>
> THANKS!
>
> Matt

askmeforit@nunya.com

Thanks, but I've been all over that page.. all I get on it is

"There are currently no files for this type"

There are links to guides out the ying-yang, but NONE to and PDM
Download!

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:33:45 GMT, "mcaissie"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pix
>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Everyone I ask, and every site I look for help on says:
>> " I suggest you go to the cisco website and download PIX Device
>> Manager (PDM). It is a free download for cisco PIX firewall."
>>

>> ARGH!!!!! I CAN'T FIND THIS ANYWHERE ON CISCO SITE.. EVEN THOUGH I'VE
>> LOGGED ON.
>>
>> Sorry for 'yelling' but this is driving me insane!
>>
>> Can SOMEONE PLEASE give me a URL to the PDM download???
>>
>> THANKS!
>>
>> Matt

mcaissie

well i see pdm-304.bin

From Cisco home page
-go in Technical Support and Documentation
-Download - VPN Software - Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software -
Download Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software

If VPN Sotware doesn't appear in the Download Menu , your account may
not have software downloads permission.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, but I've been all over that page.. all I get on it is
>
> "There are currently no files for this type"
>
> There are links to guides out the ying-yang, but NONE to and PDM
> Download!
>

> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:33:45 GMT, "mcaissie"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pix
>>
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> Everyone I ask, and every site I look for help on says:
>>> " I suggest you go to the cisco website and download PIX Device
>>> Manager (PDM). It is a free download for cisco PIX firewall."
>>>

>>> ARGH!!!!! I CAN'T FIND THIS ANYWHERE ON CISCO SITE.. EVEN THOUGH I'VE
>>> LOGGED ON.
>>>
>>> Sorry for 'yelling' but this is driving me insane!
>>>
>>> Can SOMEONE PLEASE give me a URL to the PDM download???
>>>
>>> THANKS!
>>>
>>> Matt

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Everyone I ask, and every site I look for help on says:
>" I suggest you go to the cisco website and download PIX Device
>Manager (PDM). It is a free download for cisco PIX firewall."

You probably didn't find that advice in this newsgroup. Around
here, the usual practice for PDM is to "damn it with faint praise".
"Well, there is a GUI, and some people like it...".

When people ask PDM questions here, the response they get is
usually silence. When people ask here whether they should run PDM,
a typical response is, "Well, you could, but if you expect to
be asking questions about the PIX, you need to learn the CLI, because
the people who answer PIX questions here don't have the time to
describe the PDM menu paths required to make even simple changes."

>ARGH!!!!! I CAN'T FIND THIS ANYWHERE ON CISCO SITE.. EVEN THOUGH I'VE
>LOGGED ON.

If I recall correctly from your other recent postings, you are
running a PIX with 6.3(3). Any PIX purchased with ~ PIX 6.2(2)
or later installed also has PDM installed by default.

Getting *rid* of PDM is a long exercise -- you have to clear the flash
memory, downgrade to a previous PIX version, reboot, clear the flash
memory again, upgrade back the the PIX version you had, and reboot again.
(I seem to recall that PDM might also disappear when you upgrade
from PIX 6.2 to PIX 6.3). Hence unless your PIX is much older than
the 6.3(3) version number suggests, chances are that you already have
PDM installed.

Danick Veenstra

if '(E-Mail Removed)' is not your real email-address, you make it
yourself more difficult than necessary.

askmeforit@nunya.com

I make not having my real address on 10,000 lists by the end of the
day, more difficult.

I'm looking for answers via usenet, not email..

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:26:22 +0100, Danick Veenstra
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>if '(E-Mail Removed)' is not your real email-address, you make it
>yourself more difficult than necessary.

Danick Veenstra

n't expose my real mail-address, but at least I receive mail sent to
this address...

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:41:07 -0500, askmeforit wrote:

> I make not having my real address on 10,000 lists by the end of the
> day, more difficult.
>
> I'm looking for answers via usenet, not email..
>

> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:26:22 +0100, Danick Veenstra
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>if '(E-Mail Removed)' is not your real email-address, you make it
>>yourself more difficult than necessary.

RouterMan

Use the CLi like a real tech

> Everyone I ask, and every site I look for help on says:
> " I suggest you go to the cisco website and download PIX Device
> Manager (PDM). It is a free download for cisco PIX firewall."
>

> ARGH!!!!! I CAN'T FIND THIS ANYWHERE ON CISCO SITE.. EVEN THOUGH I'VE
> LOGGED ON.
>
> Sorry for 'yelling' but this is driving me insane!
>
> Can SOMEONE PLEASE give me a URL to the PDM download???
>
> THANKS!
>
> Matt

REMOVE.msg@teeceeco.com

Oh I'd LOVE to.. been all over the CLI and still can't get this damn
VPN crap to work....

I've resorted to opening every IP, UDP and TCP port to the Windows
2003 Server running Remote access but it still will not go throught
the PIX!